Piffcoast Skunkcon "The Search For The King of Skunk šŸ¦Ø"

So @Piffcoastfarms will be hosting a Skunk themed battle of the buds, to find the king of skunk.

Whatā€™s everyoneā€™s thoughts on this, and more importantly are you going to enter.

Seeing how itā€™s in Virginia I may not. But then again who knows.

21 Likes

Sounds awesome, VA you say.
I need to check into this. Link?

4 Likes

Itā€™s through genetraders so I believe thier website maybe the one to keep watch of. For now they have just been announced on their IG page.

2 Likes

there is a skunkcon discord, but itā€™s pretty quiet if iā€™m honest.
i also think that ā€œroadkill skunkā€ never really existed and people are remembering the past they wish they had rather than what actually happened.

7 Likes

They said itā€™s going to be in northern VA so Iā€™ll def be there! Pretty fucking excited about it tbh.

8 Likes

If you donā€™t have first hand experience with the ā€œrksā€, itā€™s safe to assume your words on point :ok_hand:t4:

5 Likes

to me its nothing more than the echo chamber that the canna community has become.
an example is mean gene when he talked about his rootbeer cut on his second potcast interview. when it blew up in popularity only three people had grown it, but there were hundreds of ig growers claiming it was the cream of the crop. people were so quick to hop on the train because someone cool said it was good.
rks is the same way in that growers/breeders are claiming they have it just to move packs of seeds?
i didnā€™t start smoking until the mid 90s and yeah i remember it being funky and skunk like and i only had access to mexican brick weed. i also had an untrained palate. if i had that same weed now i probably wouldnā€™t even want to smoke it.

iā€™m happy that this skunk con is going down because it should put this rks hype to bed.

8 Likes

The only distinction to make in my opinion is that the RKS is a pheno that shows up time to time within a certain gene pool. Iā€™m convinced the right combination of terpenes can mimic the smell akin to skunk or even rks but itā€™s just not that common of a profile because of the way the market has gone throughout time. The old heads know about it, the everyday smoker has probably experienced it and the new generation just talks smack because they never got to experience it.

8 Likes

Is this the event in Springfield? Iā€™m not on IG so donā€™t know great details, but the GT site is pretty nondescript. Just see a few companies listed, but the pool looks small.

1 Like

No IG or discord here either. Keep us posted.
Can any strain be entered? I got some Schwaggy P gear that might fit the ticket.

3 Likes

yeah weed is funny like that. my first grow ever was a magus genetics mix pack so I dint know exactly what I grew. in a baggie in my pocket I had a similar experience at a Krispy Kreme shop. people walking in would say somebody had hit a skunk (I came to find out thatā€™s the nice way to say ā€˜I can smell the weed in your pocketā€™) but when Iā€™d take it out of the bag and break it up it smelled like lemon head or sour patch candy. there was no Skunk smell or taste at all. if you left a sack in your car it would be the same thing; smell like you ran over a skunk on the outside, but inside the car it would smell faintly of Skunk and mostly of lemon candy.
more recently I grew usefulā€™s chocolate Diesel S1ā€™s and it smelled like butter and potpourri until you set it on fire, then it smelled like the first puff of car exhaust before the catalytic converter warmed up. it tasted like simple green and made my lips tingly.
my point being that weed can smell like a lot of different things and taste completely different than what it smells like. I really have a hard time believing people were smoking joints that tasted like Skunk spray and rotting flesh.
If you do and you like it, then Iā€™m happy for you.
but imo ā€œrksā€ is just stoners remembering the past with rose tinted glasses. it literally started as a grassroots ā€œremember whenā€ that became an easy selling point for seed vendors and we all know, or should know, how many snakes are in the cannabis seed game.

3 Likes

Itā€™s the ultimate Scam for some of these guys.Here buy my pack thereā€™s definitely RKS in it you just have to pheno hunt for it,What you didnā€™t find any skunk?It was all floral?Dont worry dude just F2 it your narrowing down the gene pool and just increasing your chances of getting RKS Iā€™m telling you dude believe me Still didnā€™t find it after the F2 now you have a bunch of candy smells?You gotta F3 it man Iā€™m telling you dude ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦~Johnny Bagseed~

5 Likes

Blue Skies Vienna has RKS.

Iā€™m sure ya do, buddy.
more like you did exactly what @CapnCannabis laid out in their post and scammed tens of thousands of dollars from the easily influenced.
Iā€™m assuming you are him because he has more sock puppet accounts than shrek has layers (like an onion).

9 Likes

ā€œYeah bro 15 people followed me around walmart and several thousand people looked away from the band because I had a gram in my pocket then i sold a gram for 40 no lieā€

lol ok buddy.

8 Likes

GW Pharma has Skunk #1

Iā€™m also Dave Potter huh? Just trying to prove a point. People saying skunk doesnā€™t exist, then worry about dna test authentication and documented pedigree instead of smellā€¦ Itā€™s all about rights with this community. Everyone wants to have a name even if itā€™s garbage. No one is scheduling a zoom meeting with Dave Potter or Dave Watson or Blue Skies Vienna, theyā€™re talking shit on the forums like tradition dictates.

Was wondering if we should ping you as youā€™ve had some good, eloquent responses to this subject in other threads. How on earth has this become the most contentious reefer subject since organics vs. salts?! This search seems more futile than Noahā€™s Ark.

2 Likes

Nostalgia, ā€œlost strainā€ mythos, and money is the short answer.

Everyone remembers their first few experiences with really good sticky seedless weed vs brown dry brick. Notice how every RKS story begins when they just started really smoking.

Itā€™s like trying to sell a dope addict their ā€œfirst shotā€ again lol.

5 Likes

I believe some would cook a skunk down in a spoon and slam it if it would satisfy whatever is being hunted here.

I hope, for sanityā€™s sake, someone comes across whatā€™s being hunted. The probability, from a statistical standpoint, doesnā€™t point to that materializing.

1 Like

Interestingly skunk smell are related to sulphurā€¦thiols.

3 Likes