Pine Tar Bastard’s Outside Grownanza

Here’s the surviving PTK I grew last summer.
I put her outside a few weeks ago after she spent the winter in the garage. Flowers recently began appearing. Should i trim her back to nubbins or just let her grow through it?

41 Likes

Bit of a weird time, here in the USA the days are getting longer and it’ll probably reveg on you, then flower (sorta) normally (probably). Then again, usually the inbred Afghans like that aren’t as…I guess prone…to wanting to reveg, they can be closer to a “one and done” type plant, not quite autoflowering, but more seasonal.

Not sure on this one. Kind of a unique situation.

8 Likes

Csi pine tar? How you rate it? Been eyeing it off

5 Likes

I got the seeds from CSI.
Love it.
The buds are thick and chunky and full of resin. The pine is strong and distinct and exists not only in its smell, but it’s taste as well. The high is not the strongest, but it doesn’t need to be.
It’s my goto at the end of the day.

16 Likes

I hope you took clones.

1 Like

Love Tom hills pine tar kush. Got some tony green. Pine tar gush cooking now.

3 Likes

What came first, the name or the strain @PineTarBastard?

I’ve got some pollen from that I plan on dropping on JOTI black candyland

2 Likes

Actually, the one in the picture is a clone that I over-wintered in the garage. I also have a clone that I have tried(and failed) to get feminized pollen with sts and two back up clones.

4 Likes

The name Pine Tar Bastard is the name of a project I am working on, crossing the piney PTK with a piney bastard leaf plant made from Subterfuge#1. I’m growing out the F2s at the moment.

11 Likes

Thought that might be the case, think I’ve seen it on IG. Sounds like a nice project. If you’re interested in trading some mutant hybrids send me a message.

1 Like

I believe i saw a couple of other people who are working on something similar. Great minds think alike. haha
Working with recessive traits takes patience and persistence. It’ll be awhile before it’s done.

2 Likes

Sure does, you may be interested in the co op seedrun mutant project going on here.

1 Like

I’ll look for it.
Thanks

1 Like

The white bucket has the PTK.(CSI)
The black bucket is a Blockhead F5(Beanhoarder)
The one in the ground is a Pine Tar GushF2(TonyGreen)

14 Likes

Pine Tar Bastard on the left
Pine Tar Gush is on the right

18 Likes

Obviously, I’ve been slacking! haha

Here’s some pics of the PTK cutting.

14 Likes

The buds have really filled up and piling on the resin!

14 Likes

Pine Tar Gush:

She has an insane amount of resin!
I’ve been nibbling on the lower buds and am very glad i grew her out!
She’s getting hammered by caterpillars, so I’m chopping her main cola today.

13 Likes

Here’s her twin sister, just as gushy!
No flash and with flash.
I plan on taking her this weekend.

16 Likes