Pirates of the Mediterranean

Lebanese (Culled)

First two pics are the black/blue Lebanese. I’m not digging the long internodes that popped out on that girl. She’s not really tall, but the node spacing is just not great. Her sisters are better.

Last pic is an RSC Lebanese. In general, these are not doing well in my setup. I’m feeding them super low nitrogen, and they’re just not feeling it. These would do a lot better organic. I think they’re just SUPER low feeders. I’m going to leave this one outside the tent for a few days and see how it does. I’m going to let the medium dry up a little and maybe just give it some water. Maybe it’ll decide to bounce back.

13 Likes

Lebanese (Keep)

What a beauty! Loving this Black & Blue Lebanese. She’s structured a lot like my favorite Black Leb. Internodes are looking good, and she’s pushing out some narrower leaves, like the Blue Hemp Lebanese.

This one may turn out pretty ok too. It’s the less brancy indica-like expression.

This is Leb27. It’s pulling through and it’s a girl. I’ll keep it, because it may be the only one I get to grow from the pack. Not ready to take pollen yet, but seems to be pulling out of its funk.

This is the other RSC. Tolerating the nutrients, but obviously very dark foliage and wishing for less N. Good frost coming off her though and bud sites are nice. Seems part of this Lebanese adventure will just be sifting through plants that can tolerate synthetic nutrients.

EDIT:
For notes – I also pollinated the keepers today. Was able to get enough pollen from each to get some pollen down on the flowers. Gotta go early on these, or you might not get viable seeds! I’m debating if I need to keep the males any longer. Was anybody hoping to get some Leb pollen from me?

23 Likes

FML Syrian… well I looked at the Syrians and attempted to transplant one. Roots are incredibly slow on these. It’s been at least 3 weeks, and they all have a developed 2nd set of leaves, working on the 3rd…

BUT, the one I attempted to transplant from it’s tiny cup had almost no roots. They were barely even poking out of the rapid rooters (which I usually observe within 3 days from seed). So it’s time for some problem solving… I fed them today, and I think I’m going to let them get almost bone dry before I feed again. Syria is a pretty dry place, yea? So perhaps it’s just that these desire very little water, and the roots won’t respond without nearly dry conditions. Not great for coco growers… but something must be done. If that seems to help, I might add additional perlite to their mix and try to really drop out the capacity for water retention.

11 Likes

They look good hopefully they dont get temperamental on you indoors :v: old school hash plant :facepunch:

5 Likes

B&B Leb

Syrian

These Syrians are slow… I haven’t feed/watered them in a few days, but I think I probably will tomorrow. 5/6 are looking healthy. One has some weird chlorosis thing going on. So it might get the axe.

BB Leb just looking nice. I’m a big fan of her so far. Her sister is a bean pole.

19 Likes

Leb27

Well I can’t believe this thing is pulling through, but I think she’s doing pretty well now. One thing that’s fascinating about her is that her nodes are completely staggered, almost like she were a clone. Wish I had more to compare.

She’s would probably branch pretty well if I had topped her. She’s not super branchy, but unlike a lot of plants that grow in a pillar, her buds extend out from the main stem at least an inch or so.

BB Leb

In love with this one. I’m seeing expressions of both her parents coming though. One notable thing from the blue hemp side is a few purple colored pistils showing up. Leaves are also starting to turn purple… making me wonder if this one is going to go completely black like her mom.

Her seeds will be keepers. Great structure, resin and branching characteristics so far.

RSC Leb

Syrian

Potted these up and put them in 12/12. A little reduction in the # hours has really lit a fire under their slow asses. Flower or die!

One is a little defective… a bit of chlorosis on the leaves and slow development. Probably gonna get culled in a few weeks, but under observation for now.

12 Likes

Hasn’t been long since my last update, but black is filling in quick! She’s gonna go all black.

I saw some purple traits in the Blue Hemp Leb side, but I didn’t think this recessive would pop in the F1 generation. But here she is, changing colors almost hourly right now.

16 Likes

#Syrian

Syrian Super Runt

These youngsters are going to be mature plants in a few weeks. Actually, I’m hoping they take a little longer while a few other plants in my other tent finish up, as I don’t have a lot of room to work with… Pretty.

13 Likes

Leb27 - an odd duck

I know it’s hard to tell from the pics, but this is some of the weirdest branching pattern I’ve seen.

Lower on the plant, the branches were single nodes, with 120 degrees between then for 3 nodes. Then they came together in a double node, followed by more single nodes with staggered branching above it.

Very delicate looking features. I tapped her with some BB Leb and RSC Leb pollen today. She is the only one of her kind I could get to germinate, and she almost didn’t survive infancy.

16 Likes

Delicate branches produce the sweetest fruits :grin: enjoy the headstash

2 Likes

Syrian

These are all sexed now. I got 4 females, 1 male and 1 runt male (last pic). I moved out the males into a tiny tent I have. I’m short on space for about another week or so. A few of the males are starting to complain about N a bit, but nothing like the Lebanese.

Only about a week from a pretty decent pollen flow. It looks to me that 2 phenos are emerging, with two females of each.

12 Likes

Look the fan leaves on that lady . I love sativa. Some are a pain in the ass to grow with 16 week flower times but I love them.
They look really good for the most part.

1 Like

enjoyed the info’s, very cool.

regards,

2 Likes

wow…
the dusty purple colors on that are cool.

regards,

1 Like

Picture updates here tomorrow or this weekend. I’m fretting over the fact that my Syrian male might be sterile. The pods are opening and almost nothing is coming out. I haven’t culled the runt male yet, and it hasn’t started producing pollen. I think the better male might still produce seeds though. I think there might be a tiny bit of pollen deep down in there.

7 Likes

Very cool project I’ve been thinking about some of RSC Afghan lines but have never tried anything too wild but you have peaked my interest in Panama Red with your PPP project. Snowhigh’s having a 10 day sale on some Mexican and Panama Red lines and its got me thinking hard but they are probably out of my price range just thought I would mention them as it seems you like the Wilder kinda lines.

2 Likes

I actually do have a couple seeds from him. I think they’re his “Panama gold” strain, which is Panama red, Colombian gold and a little bit of uk cheese. But i also have a couple Mexicans from cryptic labs that I’m pretty excited to try.

A bunch of folks are trying to do runs of Mexican strains around Christmas this year. If you’re interested in joining in, I’m sure one of us can get you some seeds to grow.

5 Likes

That would cool I need to start trying some of the more undiluted kinda lines . I’ll stay following along with you fellas. Hopefully I will have some of the ppp and is it 4ps to try but some Mexican sounds cool I’m not afraid to flower stuff longer I had some pineapple Thai a few years ago that went 16 weeks but that’s my max and it was alot more work.

2 Likes

Yeah 16 is pretty long. I’ll run those on occasion, but find myself grabbing for sativas that are less than 14. That 4P haze should run pretty short. It’s a 50/50, and my Panama haze only goes about 12 weeks on its own.

4 Likes

I’m very interested in cultivars for the Arizona Desert. Is something like the Syrian or one of the others exceptionally heat tolerant? I have Jack the Ripper, but that is a faster flowering lemon haze type. Because I don’t have to worry about frost or humidity problems in the Fall or Winter, I want to get a longer flowering Haze or Sativa vegging really soon, but I need some guidance because it’s going to be over 100* until late September. I’m legal for 12 plants, so I don’t want to strike out trying multiple strains. Thanks for any suggestions.

3 Likes