Site Update February 2020 - What has changed

Ohhhh yeh quoting is easy on mobile​:grinning::beers:

2 Likes

Cool! :sweat_smile: (Emoji from Google keyboard, not working on mobile either)

3 Likes

So far, the changes seem pretty transparent to me - which is a good thing I think.

There is one thing though when viewing pictures, I like the new viewer layout - BUT - I cant figure out how to zoom in and see the full size image? Is that coming later or am I just not doing it right?

Thats a feature I really like - being able to see the full size image to look at fine details.

Also - the site tells me “welcome guest”? But I cant find where to log in? When I look at my self it looks like I am logged in?

Im confused - dont know if Im really here or not? :wink:

3 Likes

When you see that in the main recent post list just click the X to close it.

2 Likes

I don’t have anywhere to logout in here

1 Like

Hello @Mongobongo, thanks for report!

When something doesn’t work as it should?

Generally it is best to verify where is the issue. Try in following order:

• Log out, clear browser cookies and cached files, reload the site and log back in. Mobile browsers offer “hard reload” for this.
  • Use new Private window / Incognito window in browser (that will eliminate cookie problem).
  • Restart the browser (app).
  • Restart your operating system (computer / mobile)
  • Update the browser software / app to latest version from official site your App store.
  • Install and check the problem with different browser if possible (on mobile there are Safari or Chrome).
  • If the issue persists, please send me screenshot of the bug, your browser version and device type so I can try to replicate the issue and report this bug to developers.

I know it is a hassle to be a tester :nerd_face:.

This time I’ve prepared our platform for regular software updates from original repository, that should happen 1-2 times a month so there is chance that if this is real issue for other users it will be fixed with next updates.

I’ll check that. Piwik is my personal stats application where I can see and analyze traffic coming to OG. It is harmless, but there could be some issues with Browser Content Policy… Thanks for pointing that…

Good point. Current zoom works differently. Before there were two levels of zoom. First “fit to screen” and second “actual pixels”. Now there is only first level of zoom. If you can zoom into actual pixels depends on the device you are using. I can zoom on iPad just fine using gesture. In Chrome browser on PC I can click download in the bottom to open it in image viewer or click with right button and show the photo in new tab then the browser allows me to see the actual pixels.

Thanks for noticing, that is just “banner topic”. General welcome announcement for all users… I’ll change it… (of course you are logged in otherwise you couldn’t post :slight_smile: )

Where is the logout button?

Logout is the last option when you click your avatar in top left corner.

It seems like avatars are regenerating very slowly… It is reprocessing all the posts on the site in the background at pace that is easy on the server. Current projections is that it will process all posts including avatars in 3-4 days. If you want your avatar now, you can re-upload it. But it is not needed.

5 Likes

Do we have new badges that are granted retroactively? I just got one for July 2019. :upside_down_face:

afi

4 Likes

New User Badges

Thanks for bringing this up. Yes, there will be whole batch of new badges. One of my favourite is New User of the Month which highlights our new talents. For their dedication in January award went to @Subjectnumber7 and @Sincy! Congratulations to them!

I’m planning adding custom Overgrow badges and you can all participate in creating them :slight_smile:

I’d propose “Expert” badges:

Indoor Expert - for user that has say at least 100 helpful posts (highly liked 5-10 likes) in Indoor category.

Similar expert badges could be awarded in other forum categories: Seed runs, Hydroponics, Medical Club…

Can you help come up with names for those badges? They would appear in user-card box next to “Regular”, “Master Photographer”, “Respected”:

3 Likes

Hey Joe, I was loading pics up on the site, then after 15 minutes loading of nearly all the pics I got kicked out??? That is not a good update of the site!

O man…

The emoticons are not functioning alreday?

2 Likes

Sounds strange. There is no forced log out from the site. Session expire is set to 60 days.

Even if I log out there is still draft of my post waiting for me. I’m presented with this draft in the moment I visit the topic.

I don’t see any problem with emoticons … :nerd_face: :woozy_face:

2 Likes

I haven’t been able to get the emojis button working either under chrome. Only manually entering the emojis seems to work here. Have restarted the browser but haven’t tried clearing cache, etc.

Are you using latest Chrome?

In my Chrome on MacOS emoticon menu works just fine…

2 Likes

Yeah, that was strange indeed and I was forced log outed :wink: It happend Joe!

Emoticons now is ok :slight_smile:

Thank you for your fast response!

1 Like

Aaah, wait, they are still there, God thanks :wink: But it showed me that I have to sign in… something was wrong.

Happy Blissy sunday to all :heart:

3 Likes

FYI, I had to clear cache’d data to get the emojis to work. I had also updated the browser to the latest version.

2 Likes

I logged out and then logged in and that solved the emoticons problem yahoo|nullxnull , hope that works for you … :penguin:

2 Likes

:saxophone: :rofl: :stuck_out_tongue: :crazy_face: :money_mouth_face: :raised_hands: :mage:

1 Like

Cool! I’ve updated the guide in previous post…

2 Likes

So my likes given dropped by 100 and my likes received dropped by 200 somehow the update stole likes @LemonadeJoe

2 Likes

@Heritagefarms Even though the site is up, the server is still finishing up the upgrade process in the background, so it could be a few days for everything to show up again.

2 Likes