Please help. 18 plants yellowing again!!!

I need help ! My plants are yellowing up again! I thought I fixed the problem but not so. Here is my set up.
Spider Farmer LEDs
6 gallon containers
Filled with 6 cups earthworm castings
1/4 cup alfalfa
1/4 kelp
1/2 Dr Earth 444
1/2 cup dolomite lime (fine powder)
Promix potting soil. I’m the red bags.
The mother plants are yellowing along with

the 6 week old clones. Last 2 grows I turned all of it to bubble hash as the buds were pathetic and sick.
The issue looks just like a cal/mag problem.
Watering with fox farm grow big 1/2 strength - 2 tsps calmag - 1 tsp seaweed in 2 gallon container ph to 6.2. .

10 Likes

Ease up a bit, until this issue is sorted. :vulcan_salute:

First thought was they looked hungry but the lower leaves are showing slight Nitrogen excess so something else is happening.

What’s the pH of the water you are using? 6.2? and source?

Cheers
G

8 Likes

What grow lamp are you using and how close to the canopy? Could be early light burn?

4 Likes

Might want to google Hop Laten Viroid. Those twisty leaves look familiar as a sign of that. I’m not saying that’s what you have but it might be something to put on your radar.

That to me looks like a classic case of Mg deficiency. Try an epsom foliar spray.

12 Likes

I agree… needs some mag

1 Like

Thanks for reply’s!!! I am using Cal/Mag plus. 1 tsp per gallon. I’ve never used the epson salt before but I purchased some yesterday. I’ll be putting some in today

1 Like

Everyone who sees it says it’s calmag issues. I even purchased a new bottle of calmag. Soooo frustrating! I’ve had hundreds of successful grows since 1969. Can’t figure this out!! Maybe the salts will cure?

1 Like

I was also told to do as a Foliar spray

Check runoff pH.

This is good information to have.

Is it Mg? Could be.

Check anyway :+1:

2 Likes

I agree with Mag, better use the Epsom salts foliar spray as suggested, more Calcium only can bring trouble … ejem|nullxnull

2 Likes

I’d guess ph issue plus light / heat excess.

6 Likes

what are your ambient + leaf temps? I take it your older grows were under HID, and issues appeared with the LEDs?

since you didn’t specify, tap water?

Agree 100 %. Epson salts in a spray bottle and if you have kelp juice add a little also spray at light out they’ll love it

I agree totally

The Epson has trace minerals also
And no nitrogen like some calmag has
Lower leaves do look very green

If it were me I’d flush
Then feed with a compost tea
Spray them as suggested

Paps

Best of luck

8 Likes

That’s where I’d start also. Ph being out will cause mag issues. It’s no good just throwing extra mag at the plant before checking. :+1::v:

8 Likes

I second this. Trouble is with compost/soil mixes you need to to a slurry test for accuracy and most including me can’t be arsed. I gave up on dirt for good in the end some years back because of too many bags with ph all over the place. You can’t fix what’s already damaged but a good flush and a spray of epsome salts should help going forward :+1:

2 Likes

Thanks guys for sure. I’ve been using LEDs for 6 years now. All high end lights. Always ph my water/feeding to 6.1 to 6.4. Temps are PERFECT! I did several slurry tests using distilled water. All came out to 6.0 to 6.3.
I’ll do a run off and spray tonight with the salts. I really appreciate everyone’s thoughts and comments!!!

4 Likes

I emailed a rep from Promix. He said it can range from 5.4 to 6.4 as is. I put in a 1/2 cup lime for 5 gallons mixture. I also wetted the soil for 10 days prior to putting in clones. I know Promix is supposed to put in lime but…… who knows.

1 Like

I tend to get mag deficiency growing under quality leds (I own HLG lights). Calmag isn’t a deficiency it’s either calcium or magnesium deficiencies or both can happen at the same time I think lol. Foliar epsom salt isn’t a long term solution as it’s what’s not available in the soil. Langbeinite has mag if growing in organics. Epsom salts are organic too and you can add them in the feed. I try to stay around 70-80 ppm magnesium per gallon under leds.

4 Likes

I know it sound stupid but have you cleaned and configured your pH meter lately???

5 Likes