Please help identify creature

Hey OG, thanks for the help. Found similar eggs out here awhile ago. Looks kinda like Mothra. Google said Mantis. Curious and greatly appreciate any info.

4 Likes

I can’t identify it, but I’m certain those are eggs you don’t want! xwi2Y3G

I don’t believe it’s a praying mantis, though we do have them here.

1 Like

Need a better photo of it and where in the world you are would help as well.

1 Like

Looks like a green stink bug.

11 Likes

@mota My guy responded with one word Kill

@darkillusion San Francisco Bay Area she’s gone now and all other pics were over the size limit🤔

4 Likes

Again from the pic it looks kinda like a green stink bug. Maybe a shield bug, but either way kill is the best idea right now.

8 Likes

Eyes and whiskers definitely look similar. Leaf is still there with all eggs. Found while defoliating and thought maybe they’re beneficial. Lol.

2 Likes

I would not take the chance, for all you know they might make your plant there first meal after hatching.

4 Likes

Same pic zoomed in

2 Likes

Momma was too green to believe anything different, but I kinda wanna see. Been sprayed heavily her whole life with BT Spinosad Dr Zymes and Regalia oh with a couple of heavy Sulfur sprays early. No Spinosad in flower.

1 Like

Took the leaf. Those eggs were hard to the touch. When smashed a green goo was observed. Thanks for all the help.

Peace

2 Likes

https://entnemdept.ufl.edu/creatures/veg/bean/green_stink_bug.htm

2 Likes

Not to be confused with the Southern Green stink Bug

5 Likes

Keep an eye out for more, it had to have gotten knocked up by something.

3 Likes

Stink bug, good thing you didn’t see it young.
One of the coolest looking bugs before they turn green.

They can be controlled by picking them off and really pose no major threat that I’m aware of. :dove:

3 Likes

Just do not squish them…

3 Likes

That’s how to find out why they are called stink bugs.

:wink:

2 Likes