Please Help Identify Pest

Hi guys! What’s your opinion on this? will there definitely be more? i looked around a bit and didn’t see any more but i can’t really access most of the tent. what should i do?

i think its moth larva… do they lay lots at a time?

edit: oh fuck!

Gypsy moths, which typically live outside and feed on tree leaves, lay up to 1,000 eggs; with each caterpillar capable of eating 1 square foot of leaves by the time they’re ready to make a cocoon, these moths can decimate their host trees.

1 Like

This is the only one?

Looks like a major feeder. I would pull every plant and conduct a strip search.

Gypsy Moths cycle around here. 2 years ago, they nearly stripped the trees in Rockport clean. Clinging all over the houses. The birds were flocking.

1 Like

well, i’m not sure if it’s gypsy moth, but it said they are the ones that live outside, and it most likely came in the house from outside!! fuccck me!

1 Like

How many plants dude? Every one needs a good lookin’

You can hear them munching if you can get everything quiet enough.

Looks like a caterpillar might have crawled in, and not necessarily a moth laid eggs.

From the looks of this site, it is not a Gypsy Moth

http://ento.psu.edu/extension/factsheets/gypsy-moth

i got 10 big females, and the tent is practically holding them all up, if i take them out branches are liable to snap from the flop… fuck me! i think i’m day 54/63

hey @LED_Seedz have you seen these bugs before? is this moth larvae? what do u recommend

IMO it looks like either a mealworm or black soldier fly larvae

3 Likes

sure does resemble that last one :mag:

ya, a fucking maggot :frowning: i’m gonna go search the plants more thoroughly

sorry can a mod create me a thread and move all these posts :thumbsup:

1 Like

My money is on it being random. Probably would have escaped, except for the sticky-ickyness.

2 Likes

well i did see a moth or something inside yesterday or today, it was at the back door flying in to it over and over trying to get out or something… but idk thats a little ways from the grow it would have to go underneath 2 closed doors then into the tent (flaps and vents r open for passive intake)

1 Like

I’ve fished with waxworms. And it kinda looks like one, but it’s hard to tell in the pic. Some are closer to white and some are a browner color like the one in your pic. Hard to tell. Can you pull it out and get a better look?

Edit: saw the second pic. Sorry. I don’t thinks it’s a waxworms. Maybe narrow it down a little.

thanks @Calyxander

1 Like

I agree.
Regardless, they are easy to spot and eradicate.
Search and destroy.
Good luck!

2 Likes

yeah i killed it and threw it out after i took those 2 pics. i just searched pretty thoroughly and couldn’t find any more, and there is absolutely zero signs of leaf damage… i think i’m just going to search very thoroughly a couple times a day… i’m only 1-1.5 weeks from harvest - ugh it was just raining trichomes while i was searching the plants… i was really trying not to shake them too much but still

its possible i brought it in from outside on my sweater or something, uggghh

Thump that fugger across the room against the wall and step on it… be tough… they’ll get the message…

3 Likes

Just seeing this but I would agree. I doubt there are many so I wouldn’t worry too much. Smoke a bowl and chill.

5 Likes