Please help🙏🏽 Mapito growing

Hello guys. I just plant few flowers from clones in mapito(and coco roughly 10%) , and few flowers in soil. I washed mapito before properly and before to plant i had 5.8 ph and 0.8 ec. In soil they are beautiful , but in mapito no progress at all, cupping the leaves and dark green leaves , i checked again ec and now after 3 weeks is 5.69 ph and 1.08 ec. And i see some green algae on mapito.and to be honest i had low humidity like 45-50(i know its low)

5 Likes

Hi and welcome to OG. I have never heard of Mapito, put it in a search engine and the first link told me you need to cover the pots with lids to avoid algae and keep the roots from light. Hope that helps.

6 Likes

You need to talk to @ifish . He grows using that medium. Here’s a thread for you to look at
Mapito ” SIMPLY THE BEST ” :heart_eyes:
Welcome to OG

10 Likes

Ease off on your nutes, I don’t know what Mapito is.

3 Likes

@ifish please help! Thank you very much guys i really appreciate it🙏🏽. Mapito is rockwooll combined with 5-10% coco. You can check on youtube -limbo holland , the best yields are in mapito.

3 Likes

Also @cdnBuddy grows in it.

1 Like

Might be a few who will argue with that. Lol

2 Likes

I agree with Phil your EC is too high for seedlings or small clones

2 Likes

Hi fearless , welcome to og : )

So what’s your rinsing tecknik for prepin your Mapito ?

Also is this brand new Mapito or have you done a grow befor in it as I see some old roots maybe in some of it ?

And of course what npk ratio are you feeding them

4 Likes

Howdy @fearlesss666 welcome to the OG community🥳 and you’re in the right place for getting great feedback n I will be honest with you since I’ve joined in December I’ve been getting more information advice from everyone and it’s input/advice and not like some forums that criticize you or TELL you what you HAVE to do so don’t hesitate to ask about anything and everything

1 Like

Following along on this one for some edumacation :slight_smile:

Hello. Thanks a lot for reply🙏🏽.
I use limbo holland style , you can find it on youtube channel. First 2 watering its from the top and after from the bottom. Yes its the second time, i washed mapito properly and checked the ph and ec , i choosed mapito cause you can grow 3-4 years in same mapito without to throw it away. The first time everything was fine and i made the same thing just this time before to put the clones in mapito i just touched the roots in -Bio Bacto from sannie seeds , its possible mychorryza Symbiosis to affect the roots and enviroments? I dont think so cause the roots are white and healthy and clean.I attached photo with the product .my english is not very goid but thank you guys🙏🏽

2 Likes

After you rinsed Mapito , you fluffed Mapito so it was nice and airey again ?

I doubt bacto caused it

Did you bury plants too deep

Are crates siting off tray so bottom of crates drain freely and bottom not sitting on wet tray ( limbo uses square conduit )

2 Likes

They are drain freerly of course because it’s done in the fall so all the extra water its going in a corner. And yes i make it fluffy aired, i dont know what to do. What is interresting 3 plants its done well…

1 Like

I just going thru check list : )

Because you have had other good grows in it and flushed well because of this , I doubt its ph raising as Mapito should be stable

I ph my Rez at 5.6ph in veg and stretch , changing to 5.8 when flowers start to appear , w2/3 after flipping lights to 12/12

Plus leaves dark green , with ph raising they usually fade badly

1 Like

So what you feeding them and is it different than befor ?

1 Like

Its the same, Aqua Vega A&B like before … nothing more. I will let them 3-4 days to see whats happening, if they are not looking better i will throw it away and i will put new clones. Thanks a lot guys for your help i really appreciate it🙏🏽

1 Like

Maybe they light feeders and not happy with the ec and high n

Everyone gets algae first week no mater humidity , we just rake the top a few times and algae stops

If your algae is still there then this could be another sign of too high n causing algae to bloom , plus your return being higher too in ec

1 Like

I am just learning about mapito to grow with. I have read what @eskobar has posted and am really liking the idea, especially the flood table. The idea of using something other than soil has interested me a bunch as of late.
@ifish it’s cool to know you are using it also.

2 Likes

Drop by anytime @Enjoi802 : )
Sure is great , no more walkin around the local park shakin soil or coco out the bottom of your trousers like shawshank redemption haha

Roots love growing thru it and I know you wouldn’t but imagine putting your lips to soil or coco and suckin water up compared to suckin up thru Rockwool , no contest , way easier with Rockwool , same for plants too : ) it’s like dwc but without all the bucket changes and noisey bubbles , I just keep slippers on and flood every 2-3 days and takes ten mins and that’s settin Rez and flooding
My flooding and draining is quick
One minute to flood then straight away I drain , this takes another minute
They don’t stay flooded very long

4 Likes