Please post your carbon filter location

I’m guessing the filter is beside the tent on the floor, like in the bottom right method on the diagram I posted.

You always want to draw the air from the top of the tent, regardless of which configuration you use.

1 Like

By keeping lower flaps open. Isn’t that bad for when lights out? Set up is now in my back bathroom and at night lights go on to go to the bathroom.

1 Like

You need an air intake somewhere, and that’s what the flaps are for. The only other option is to run flexible venting in through a bottom sock/hole (if you have one in your tent) and put a couple curves in it so light can’t get in. Use opaque ducting if you can. You can even put a lower power inline fan on that bottom duct to get the air flowing into the bottom, but make sure this doesn’t result in positive tent pressure (ballooning) because that will blow the stank out the seems and zipper.

4 Likes

I don’t believe in light leaks and total darkness I’ve grown outdoors and there’s plenty of light at night. To minimize the light I cover the vents with something I used as a pre-filter medium and have only the vents beside the walls open full tilt.

6 Likes

Agreed. I used to be super paranoid about light leaks but I was having trouble getting enough fresh air in through a duct in my setup so I peeled the flap off the back of my tent to let more air in and I have never had a problem.

So maybe the ticket is to use a bottom duct if possible and if that isn’t sufficient then peel off a flap that is close to a wall and won’t get direct light when someone gets up to piss at 4am.

4 Likes

Thanks for the tips. I appreciate it.

1 Like

This is what I use for a covering flaps and the vent in the tent.

I smoke weed, dab, cigarettes in the house I change pre-filters every cycle. Keeping dust, tar, hair out of your charcoal filter will extend its life too.

Same here you get the fear from reading all this crap about light leaks and hermies blah blah but all 4 of my tents have open flaps and have for years with no issues yet. To discover the truth you must push past the fear. Lol

12 Likes

Very nice. I used to run the same filters.

2 Likes

If you take that fan apart from the plastic motor casing and add some silicon to the holes and around the mounting it really quiets it down. I think I bought some small rubber bushings for the mounting. I had that fan two fans ago.

4 Likes

Fresh air fans a bit frosty these days but the plants seem to like the pre chilled air piped around the room .lol

9 Likes

Lol oh my fuck that’s frosty… At first I thought you had the fan covered in blow foam then realized it was just frost.

6 Likes

I usually plug the outside vent for winter and exchange house air into the room ,haven’t got around to it yet temps are a bit low running a t5 but they really like it when there basking under a 1000 watts and getting fresh outside air when I was using that location for flowering ,now that it’s a veg space I’m going to have to crawl under my deck and stuff some insulation into the vent opening

4 Likes

I toss my scrubber on the floor from week 3 thru harvest. Lucky to have the space.

7 Likes

I ran out of space so I moved both fan and filter on top of my tent…

Actually works well… Don’t smell anything until I open the tent, and then it smells like a dumpster skunk…

I have a small thing of ducting going down into the tent on the intake side of the fan.

No ducting between the fan and filter, it sits up fine on it’s own but I duct tape them together to make sure it’s air tight.

13 Likes

I run a stealth setup in a small space I use soundproof ducting from the tent leading to an axial fan then more soundproof ducting to carbon filter both are outside the tent so I can maximise the space inside.

It’s not ideal to have the air blowing out through the carbon filter but you have to do what you have to do. :v:

3 Likes

For making intake light proof you can use black ducting and then zip tie a fabric pot on the end for a filter. Keeps light and bugs etc out and air still travels through it fine.

10 Likes

Whatever works best for your space. I keep one in each tent, suspended with straps from the poles.

55" is a short tent, vertical space will be at a premium unless you grow plants that don’t really stretch. YMMV.

3 Likes

@DatDamDog your tent probably came with two black straps like in cogitech pic here

3 Likes

I have my filter on the inside of my tent, 4 feet of ducting to get it up out of the tent and then my fan is mounted to the bottom of my joists ( growing in concrete basement). I have toyed with lots of configurations, this works best for me. One I can say to stay away from though is pushing it through the filter. Harder on the fan and the filter seemed to last half as long. I did have my fan inside the tent at the start of this grow but stretch was crazy on the Doc Holidayx c99!

4 Likes

Mine sits on top of the tent. It works but not as well as if it’s situated inside the tent. This configuration allows me another foot or so in height. I can now use the full 7ft of the tent as the solstrip rack can now just about touch the roof. :+1:

8 Likes