Polyhybrids is the death of cannabis breeding

people need to breed land races if u want head high smoke sativa boby relax smoke indica simple as that

1 Like

Hi @treedawg,

I strongly agreed with you but actually, the word “landrace” means nothing. I think what you want to say is people need to breed with stabilized strains?

Moreover, vigorous of plants could be easily gained through crossing with two genetically unrelated plants. For example, NL#5 x Haze. You will never find a plant that is like Cookies, GG #4 and an elite OG Kush through pure landrace strains since their frostiness is coming from crossing unrelated strains.
Also, I strongly believe, type of high is coming from the ratio of cannabinoids. I think it’s quite complex to find the perfect high for each situation. It’s not like you pick any random pure NLD for head high and pure WLD for body stoned. Even on head high, there are many types of high, such as trippy, electric, uplifted, euphoric.

In my opinion, people/breeder can breed whatever they want, but customers need to educate themselves in order to pick up the right taste of their own’s. Honestly, sometimes I prefer to pop poly-hybrid strains with a good pedigree, cuz pheno-hunt is extremely fun to do it. While you can’t really see the variety of phenotypes with pure strains.

-몽

5 Likes

“Death of cannabis breeding”… wow that sounds very emotional!

I always thought of “landraces” as something that naturally evolved in particular area without any influence of intentional breeding.

So @treedawg do you mean to breed and use landraces as a basis for breeding?

6 Likes

Ha! Ha! Quite the declaration. I hope breeders never agree on what is “right” and “wrong”. I believe that would be the death of cannabis breeding.

5 Likes

I do agree @LemonadeJoe that those are some harsh words. I wouldn’t say that breeding with poly hybrids is death by any means but it is a shame sometimes how flooded the market is with West coast kush genetics. I love those gassy couch lock stains as much as the next person but I do miss the flavors from the hybrids that came from Europe in the 90s.

2 Likes

I’m sorry to disagree with the OP, but you can take any polyhybrid and breed it true.
Any mutt can be a pedigree with selection and patience.

3 Likes

breed land race for breeding stock…

landraces or close to my hearth. ilost the g13 not land race but I still lost it cannot let this happen too the real landraces…