Positive research regarding legalization

Hi,
Dose anyone have links to solid research that brings up the positive aspects of legalization?

I do recall one that focused on drop in big pharma painkillers sold ( insurance pays these) when colorado legalized cannabis. People had to pay themselves to medicate pains with cannabis… IMHO very clear sign that something is way better than other option. Sadly I do not have the link and my google-fu has failed me.

Other similar research links are also welcomed.

Why? people are pushing anti-cannabis propaganda (partial and misleading info etc.) and this is one way to counter that… highlite the positive aspects.

3 Likes

No links but off the top of my head:
-Tax revenue for govt that may or may not be well spent.
-drop in alcohol related fuckery
-I can grow!
-i heard it lowers the suicide rate but can’t confirm/deny
-lower opiate use

Driving while high is even more illegal now.

4 Likes

Just found out about these guys, based in a little town here in NZ.

Now that it is semi legal medically companies are able to do stuff like this :thumbsup:

1 Like

Here’s an older one on the reduced opioid use https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/access-to-medical-marijuana-reduces-opioid-prescriptions-2018050914509

A few main positives off the top of my head for marijuana legalization that won’t require studies.

1. New tax revenue streams
  2. Job creation from construction to research
  3. Less people being arrested means lower law enforcement and legal system costs. Also court times are reduced when not clogged with bullshit marijuana charges.
  4. Fewer cannabis related charges means less children in the hands of CAS (Children’s Aid) and foster care for parents consuming and growing their own medicine.
  5. End of failed drug wars

Three main groups pushing anti cannabis propaganda that don’t want legalized marijuana are Big Pharma, Law Enforcement, and your corrupt government.

Big Pharma doesn’t want to compete against a drug that works as intended without horrible side effects and that can’t be controlled by them. They control the drug pushers aka Doctors who don’t care about people either, they care about big kickbacks and trips to conferences in sunny destinations that they receive from Big Pharma for pushing poison.

Law Enforcement loves to lock up non violent offenders and fill up the jails for their buddies to make profit. They push for decriminalization over legalization so they can profit from the tickets which helps their quota system while still helping to fill jails and prisons with minimum mandatory sentences for production and distribution of cannabis.
Fun facts a kid selling pot at a mall here in Canada had about 90 grams on him got popped and his punishment 14 years minimum mandatory sentence. The last figures I read for Ontario province prison costs was $110,000 a year that’s $1.5 million dollars for a guy selling $900 dollars worth of pot. Fine the guy $1000 bucks and move on FFS.
This all comes from a government that hated minimum mandatory sentences when the Conservatives pushed their omnibus crime bill but once the Liberal government got in power they didn’t change those laws they just changed their minds and upped the min. sentences when they created their new marijuana laws.

My corrupted government didn’t want legalized marijuana because their rich friends paided alot to be the current Legal Producers or LPs (ex politicians that pushed for harsh laws against weed and poor little rich kids playing with daddies money) wouldn’t be in a position to dominate the market when in direct competition with actual growers. So the Government gave the entire industry to thier friends which Canada is famous for, now the LPs cry the blues that they can’t compete with the quality and prices of the black markets. I’m sure this will result in a greater crack down on blackmarket fows from Trudeau the Taint washer.

Canada’s “legal” marijuana is garbage and a health hazard, smoke at your own risk.

9 Likes

Julian Fatino is a piece of shit.

Anti-drug police chief in past. Pro-drug consultant at present.

This fool once compared weed to murder. Asshole.

3 Likes

There was an interview with the premier of New Brunswick who said that they could not make money on a government run cannabis sales system and were 22 million in deficit after one year, so they were handing the sales over to private retailers.

He was asked by a member of the press if it would be better to go after the illegal market harder, he said, no that would cost even more money to do that, and it was not an option :joy:

2 Likes

I’ve been told that this deficit is a result of the high cost of startup infrastructure, which should end eventually.

It is very bad planning to give up an infinite revenue supply because you don’t wanna spend a few bucks up front.

But, it wouldn’t be the first time we as Canadians did something like this. Like the 407 toll road.

2 Likes

@Foreigner Fatino is the biggest crook of them all.

@Shadey The Government could fuck up a bread sandwich! Not surprised they lost money but how in the fuck do you lose 22 million selling pot? Here in Ontario they lost 42 million and all the had to produce was a logo and website to sell pot. I didn’t know that logo’s and websites cost hundreds of millions to make and maintain.

2 Likes

The LPs said their cost per gram was six dollars. They could reduce their costs if they treated growing weed like a farmer and got their hands dirty. Instead they pull profits out without investing sweat equity and claim it as an input cost.

Also the infrastructure costs are result of idiots making the rules influenced by the LPs though their government buddies to prevent non-millionaires from entering the grow space. If they wanted to end the black market they would have opened the cannabis market to all growers.

2 Likes

The native reserve in alderville does $100oz (low/mids) all day long. I guarantee they are making money hand over fist.

I don’t really buy weed so what irks me the most is seed related. The OCS has 2 (yes 2) strains only and one of them is sold out. I got a package from alderville where there are 1000s of options on the grey market.

It’s arbitrary bullshit.

2 Likes

I don’t have any links but as a Colorado kid I can say the most shocking think for those against pot it’s what hasn’t happened.
There aren’t any deaths, the kids didn’t all drop out of school. More drivers do test positive for THC but fatal accidents are down to levels last seen in the 90’s. I’ve read that crime is down and I know that many schools have been built and or updated. The only thing people have to complain about in Colorado is the growth. It’s exploding and expected to double in the next decade.

6 Likes

Government: You have to buy legal seeds from my friends… Who are not Breeders and have no original genetics they just grow clones that they had no hand in creating and they have no males or seed stock to speak of…

Me: :joy::rofl::thinking::unamused::roll_eyes::expressionless::frowning::sob::nauseated_face::face_vomiting::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::angry:

4 Likes

Imagine you love sandwiches.
Imagine there was a guy in high school named George who used to try and beat you up and steal your sandwich.
Imagine years later george opens a sandwich shop.
Imagine he tries to force you to buy his sandwiches.

Fuck you George.

3 Likes

They still believe in the propaganda of REeFEr MAdNesS if you smoke even one marijuana you will leap from a tall building or just kill for no reason.

I meet people like this daily while working it’s such a throw back but we have complacent people and media that won’t step up and say call bullshit instead they make it appear on TV that anytime someone smokes a joint they trip hard like they ate a bunch of mushrooms or LSD.

3 Likes