Possible Mag Deficiency

I was gone a week and prior to leaving the plants were lush green and happy. Not sure what my care giver did or didn’t do, but they are exhibiting this starting from the bottom. Is this magnesium deficiency or something else?

6 Likes

I would think potassium or phosphorus deficiency first. You want an expert opinion @George is your man.

4 Likes

Sorry, I know I’m not being helpful, but I couldn’t help myself :sweat_smile:

download.jpeg-57 images.jpeg-56 download.jpeg-56 download.jpeg-55 images.jpeg-55

7 Likes

Looks like they are hungry to me. I’d rip off the affected parts so you can check for spread and then go business as usual.

7 Likes

I would pull them off and give them a good feeding of properly ph’d 3 part nutes.

2 Likes

Anytime you think you have a nutrient issue, start with ph

4 Likes

It looks to me a mag and possibly a cal/mag issue, but wanting to here from others to be sure. I always pH my water and nutes to 6.5.
Right now spritzing with epsom salt solution until I can water again.

1 Like

I’m awful at this, but doesn’t Ca typically display toward the top of the plant, and Mg at the lower? Without knowing your medium, could your caregiver have either over or under watered and caused a swing in Ph?

1 Like

6.5 seems high to me, I always try and stick between 5.8 and 6.2

2 Likes

Soil and hydro need a different ph range.

1 Like

Yeah, I thought hydro was closer to 5.5

I run soil

1 Like

I am running soil which the range is 6.2 - 6.8.

2 Likes

I see I was wrong I went the wrong way for hydroponics. Lol dirt grower here, I was sure it was about .5 different :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I would go for Potassium, those are old leaves, check the new growth and don’t start to throw nutes until you see how she reacts to normal based nutes … icon_eek|nullxnull

4 Likes

George the main reason I didn’t think it is potassium deficiency is that the leaves are yellowing before the tips turn brown. With potassium deficiency the leaves remain green while developing brown spots.

1 Like

But I don’t see the intervenial chlorosis or brown spots of the Magnesium:

Captura

That’s typical for Magnesium, when I see irregular brown blotches surrounded by yellow and burnt sides on the leaves I always suspect Potassium:

Some growers like to flush their grow medium to ensure they are not dealing with other issues, such as overfeeding which can interfere with Potassium uptake.

Maybe it was overfed and Potassium was blocked, you can do a runoff test and check ppm to see if soil is hot … beer3|nullxnull

2 Likes

Pic of whole plant ?

2 Likes

2 Likes

Love those walls … :kissing_heart:

3 Likes

Now that you see the entire plant, what are your thought?