Pot size and yields

I’m thinking about doing a one plant grow in a 30 gallon pot inside a 5x5 tent under a 1000k hps lamp. I would be growing blue dream. Does anybody have any idea what the yield could be on something like this, and also what size pot do you use and what’s your yields? Thanks!

12 Likes

3 lbs a light if everything is perfect and no limiting factors.

3 Likes

that sounds like an awesome idea. good luck in your endeavor.

1 Like

Sounds like fun I would use a scrog net

And veg at least 5 to 6 weeks to top and fill the net

4 Likes

Gonna be very hard to pull 3/light in soil. I can’t approach 3/1K in soilless.

OP, count on 1lb and be pleasantly surprised if you get 1.5…2 if you’re really good…BD yields very well but it’s so hard to count a chicken before it hatches…anything can go wrong. 30 gallons of media is fine for one plant one light.

8 Likes

In a 40 x40 inch sq tent I can pull 1.5 lb shooting for 2 this run

I run 4 plants and mainline ( fluxing style ) all of them last 2 runs

If you scrog I think 1 plus lbs depending on your level of skill

If you do air flow is very important

2 Likes

Thanks everyone! I think that’s what I’m gonna do. I will do a grow diary on it. I have a bd seed wet right now

4 Likes

I guess I was quoting the old idiom, “3lb a light”, soil in this case would be his limiting factor. I would think blue dream could be a 3 lb producer in perfect conditions.

1 Like

If anyone can wring the last ounce out it would be you @vernal though so I defer to your experience.

1 Like

That’s a good haul @papalag. I would like to do the Scrog thing. I might need some help when it comes to topping and training. Boy a pound would be nice

2 Likes

If anything could do it, BD could. Famously big producer…but I don’t get anywhere near that. Usually 1.5 lbs but I think A) a lot of people lie about yields on the internet haha and B) I often grow more modestly producing lines like haze stuff and I don’t count anything but good buds as yield, no larf and lowers.

Active hydro is the key to big yields.

10 Likes

Check some of my old grow logs there’s tips on building a net , and how to manage the canopy
Topping just remember don’t do too much at once and give them 2 weeks to recover

If I can help please let me know

3 Likes

I do find it much easier to hit larger yields due to the Octopots system I use it’s a combo of hydro and soilless

Feeding schedule plays a big part also npk

So to get quality yields pruning is essential as well

But using a large yielding plant like BD sure will help just stay on top so that it don’t get out of control ( it can quickly)

Also environment is everything

Just my 2 cents

And @vernal is right some people do tell fishing tails lol

Best wishes on your grow

5 Likes

Thanks Papalag!

1 Like

They dont lie they just weight the whole thing pot and all at chop time.

7 Likes

Lol :joy: plus 20

1 Like

I grew 4 pounds of roots guy!

3 Likes

3 off a 1kw light. Thats tough

1 Like

Oz a gallon is my average in soil.

7 Likes

I’d say that’s too big for a 5x5 tent. A 30 gallon pot with some real blue dream is gonna blow up fast…
I’d say it will grow 2x2 or more a month in a 30 gallon pot under a 1000w

2 Likes