Potential scam? Tester “registration”

Seedjunkymi on IG had a giveaway and told me I won 10 free packs and 2 t-shirts. Then says I need to pay shipping and “registration” because they want to make me a permanent tester. Says I’ll get free seeds every 3 months with no shipping costs.
It sounds fishy to me, I’m a new grower still, I can’t imagine they’d really want me to be a tester

19 Likes

Fuck that shit. Scam scam scam. Stay far away. Most likely not even the real Seed Junky. I feel so bad that people actually fall for scumbag shit like this. Stay smart. Stay safe. Positive vibes…

~nugzz

12 Likes

It’s definitely a scam. Don’t pay any money, you’ll never see it again. Or your seeds

12 Likes

I wouldn’t do it

If you need seeds I’ll send them free of charge

Paps

Ps
I once won a tent with a complete growing set up

They wanted me to pay taxes and shipping and handling
Just give me a credit cards and it yours
No thanks

If it’s free why do we need to pay

23 Likes

Thanks you guys, I kinda thought that too✌️

6 Likes

Smart choice bud!
Paws

4 Likes

Thanks for the offer paps! I’m good, I just always put in for contests.

5 Likes

Do you need some seeds? Are you low? I can send some…

6 Likes

No, but thanks. I have WAY to many plants going right now lol

14 Likes

Alright, sounds good. Glad you saved some money and didn’t fall for that crap. Grow 4th!

Paws

10 Likes

Seems to be a common problem around here… :rofl: :vulcan_salute:

Cheers
G

17 Likes

If you hear something too good to be true, it ain’t.

9 Likes

Lol, tell you what, if you ever need seeds to grow reach out to me and I will give you some :slight_smile: Past that everyone already gave the same opinion I have, total scam.

8 Likes

You should edit the title to say “scam warning”.
That’s some malicious shit right there get the word out.

3 Likes

IG meanig international Cannagraphic ? ifyou are atester you should not have to pay for anything !!! If it sounds too good beware. Hell !!! they want all kinds if personal info - 1st red flag Just hang on herre at OverGrow - testers will become avaliable at some point

3 Likes

IG is Instagram.

4 Likes

any new updates on your babies tim?

also, i’m loving the show of support from overgrow here. it’s fricken heart warming.

2 Likes

It’s definitely a scam, there is a lot of fake accounts on IG I already got scammed on there and am very cautious now.

2 Likes

This could be a legitimate opportunity.

I can verify the authenticity of the offer for a one time scam checker fee of only $9.95 if you’re concerned about being scammed.

5 Likes

I appreciate that man!

1 Like