Preventing Critters From Eating My Outdoor Plants

Collect hair from your ol ladies hair brush and put it around your plants from time to time animals dont.like the smell of shampoo and humans i do it down here in fla we have plenty of critters andalot of smalldog size deer
Peace out and stay safe

8 Likes

Piles of hair dont work round these parts.
Look for something that makes noise when stepped on.
Throw a section of rusty chain link down on the ground they hate that shit.

9 Likes

all the old tales hair coyote piss human piss all that doesnt work here, that commercial spray nope, I rigged a outdoor light on a motion sensor and also had it hooked to a flood light and a radio, scared the deer for about 3 days, then the number of deer increased in my garden, think they were

8 Likes

Have the 45 of Dancing in the Moonlight

6 Likes

You probably just confused half the kids on this site if there’s any kids here for me by the way kids are 30 or under LOL.
:dash::dash::v::sunglasses:

12 Likes

Nice your providing music for there dining entertainment out there sounds like a fine feeding establishment your providing . Gorrilla grows almost always require a fenced inclosure to survive the hungry wildlife .

6 Likes

I know it, love it

2 Likes

Yeah i use chicken fence zip tied into a cylinder about 4 feet high my neighbor has a huge smoker just the right size to fit one of those lil skrawney deer in and i have plenty of hardwood to smoke em

Peace out and stay safe

3 Likes

Back in my guerilla growing days, I tried hair and peeing all over, along with my dog doing the same. It doesn’t last. Stringing up some fishing line can scare them off. I also had luck with liquid fence. They love weed man!

4 Likes

I had luck with liquid fence as well, re applied after significant rain. Think liquid fence is putrefied egg…

3 Likes

none of it mattered here lol, and one time they ate my raspberry canes, thorns and all, there were beans,corn, peas, squash and other stuff they could of eaten but chose the canes.

Maybe i have hardcore Deer

3 Likes

Deer love squash blooms

2 Likes

pretty sure they hate tomatoes here, they always come in chop up the plants and squash the tomatoes and i live by a creek that always has water in it

2 Likes

I’ve had them eat maters and bellpeppers also.

2 Likes

Deer may not eat tomatoes when there are other choices, but around here - I can count on them to clean up after me when I shut down my garden every year.

In Octobers, as I’m prepping the garden for the off season, I toss some of the green tomatoes over the fence, along with the ripe ones that have bad spots, and they’re gone by the next morning. If a plant is completely empty, I’ll pull and toss it over the fence too - and the dear will eat most of it. When I’m all done closing down the garden and leave the gate open, the deer will go in and defoliate all of the tomato plants that are left.

My garden isn’t big, but it is something they seem to count on every year. In fact, they started getting impatient and jumping the fence in 2019, so I had to throw up and additional 3 feet of fencing.

But in all honestly, I should blame myself. The deer just love to come to my house for some reason…

Deer love squash. Try cracking one open and tossing it out for them. They love pumpkins, too!

12 Likes

Surprised to hear about them eating tomatoe plants thou, they’re poisonous just like rhubarb leaf.

4 Likes

I know what a 45 is. One of those big giant cd thingys right. But not as big as the really big giant cd thingys.

6 Likes

Oh yeah theyre alot bigger than cd thingys, lol.
Hole in the middle size of a half dollar, made out of vinyl.

3 Likes

You’re probably referring to the solanine, or tomatine in the leaves and stems. One deer eating my entire garden might cause issue, but multiple deer eating the remnants of my tomato plants over several days or a week isn’t enough to cause issue. One would have to feed on it as a primary source of food for a while (days or more) to achieve a toxic level.

3 Likes

The funny thing is, I have several 45’s and a bunch more of the bigger CD’s with the smaller hole - but no CD (record) player to play them. I honestly don’t understand my sentimental attachment to them. Well, except the records my brother left me - I understand that attachment.

6 Likes