Princess Haze with a sweet, syrup-like excretion

The strain is Brothers Grimm Princess Haze. I recently finished trimming 3 plants (2 grown from seed, 1 was a clone from one of those) and noticed this thick liquid excreting from several of the buds of one of them. I wish I would have taken some pictures, but my hands were not in a condition to hold my camera. However, I was certainly able to poke my scissors into the goop to feel how thick it was. And since it was now on my scissors, it only seemed natural to put it in my mouth. WOW! It was truly yummy! Sweet like corn syrup, but with a berry flavor. From that point on, I consumed all the excretion I saw while trimming the rest of the plant.

So - what the hell is it? Here are pics showing one of those areas, which has dried up to be like hard candy.

![DSC04600|666x500](upload://maLXd2fifwMfMbWroznik

6Vsfsh.jpeg)

11 Likes

I recently encountered the same thing with a BlueComa strain. Guys were saying it’s sugars. Doesn’t get you high .

8 Likes

It’s called ‘guttation’, its a sign that the plant is high Brix…has alot of sugar. I’ve only seen a couple plants do it, it is delicious lol

@MomOnTheRun told me about this, she’s the expert on high Brix strains. She f2d a strain called dragonblood hashplant…its high brix and bleeds red when you trim it

I can’t believe how dark yours is it looks really cool

9 Likes

Also is that a haze crossed with the legendary princess??

2 Likes

Ya beat me to it. I’ve seen it a couple of times.

5 Likes

Yes, @beacher, that’s what I’ve read on Brothers Grimm website. They call the Cinderella 99 “The Grail”, which I consider to be legendary!

Thanks for the term “guttation”. I literally learn something (or many things!) new everyday on OG! And I recently saw a post that showed cuttings that looked like they were dripping blood. I wasn’t sure what I was looking at for a minute!

5 Likes

@beacher, I have a defractomer that’s been sitting in the closet for over 10 years. If I see this on a living plant (I have clones of that plant in 12/12 right now), I’ll be sure to pull off some leaves and see what the stems look like. I’ll report back here with the info, though at this point, I forget what would be out of the ordinary…

3 Likes

That sounds like a killer cross. Its cool they still have those genetics around for breeding. I had it happen on a purple orange kush that i think was from jordan of the islands. I don’t think i ever saw it on the plant, only in dried buds…maybe the drying process forces it out or something.

I had to look up what a defractomer is haha, cool piece of gear!

1 Like

@beacher, I saw the goop when I was trimming, so they had not yet started to dry. There is no doubt that this happened when the plant was alive - I just never noticed!

Oh, and I bought the defractometer to help me understand why I was having such bad luck with my grows after I moved into my current home. It really is a handy tool!

2 Likes

Just plant sugars some strains do it typically when growing well, tastes good. ^^ from a DarkSpark as another example

8 Likes

It looks like a transparent lady bug or slug. Thats a huge lump!

2 Likes

:laughing: yeah, @Mr.Sparkle’s kept his droplet intact. I couldn’t help myself, I had to stick my scissors in every drop I found and consumed all I could get! It did taste yummy, but as @Mongobongo said, it doesn’t get you high - at least not in its natural form. If it were separated out and decarboxylated, it might!

2 Likes

nah its just plant sugars, think of it as sap

I’ve had this happen not so long ago as well. Only noticed the 1 droplet and yes it did taste nice.

Cheers Johnny

3 Likes