Promoting Overgrow.com

I’ve been speaking with @LemonadeJoe as I would like to help build our community with more amazing members by promoting our site at the upcoming cannabis and hemp Expo in Alberta. What I was thinking of doing was having some neat stickers printed up with our website on it and handing them out to different vendors and some of their customers.
So the reason why I bring this forum to you all is to see if any of you are interested in designing a new logo. Now this is just an idea off the top of my head but If we can drum up a lot of interest, and many different designs, Maybe somebody could donate a few packs of seeds and we can all put our votes together for the top three winners. Winners would receive their own stickers plus seeds.

The Expo is the last weekend of April so the conest would have to close by the 24th.

What do you all think, please take the time to leave your thoughts.

10 Likes

I think the banner looks good for t-shirts, etc.
Maybe the shape is a bit long for stickers. But it’s a good starting point.

4 Likes

@LemonadeJoe should have access to dozens of logo ideas from the Patreon contest. Might be worth it to look into that.

2 Likes

@LemonadeJoe provided me this logo as a starter

11 Likes

See i knew that would produce fruit!

2 Likes

Great Idea! Not an artist or breeder but I can vote :innocent:
Any design that bring great people like that are on this community gets my vote :wink:

2 Likes

It would be wise to use the current logo of the site no? why would we want a different one to advertise?

2 Likes

@worraps… you do computer stuff

1 Like

@Pedro_Bann Which logo are you referring to? og.com is not a website and the other logos do not say we are a website, just a network…

2 Likes

Well that’s not very handy is it lol.
Maybe just the OG.com logo with the same font “overgrow” instead, I am unsure who has the files for the logos though or if there is even a style guide been written for the website . surely @LemonadeJoe knows more

1 Like

I prefer the second one, it will also be cheaper to print :wink:

1 Like

this is a great idea! The World Medical Cannabis Conference is in my city this month… I am not a med patient though so i dont know whether or not i’d be able to get in… but i’m going to look into it and if i’m able to go i’d happily do something similar to help our community grow!

2 Likes

whipped this up but eh

9 Likes

I think that’s a great image the only thing is og.com is not an actual website so we need it to say overgrow.com

Just an idea for an image, a picture of Earth, inside the earth and says overgrow.com and around the globe it says spreading the knowledge and love worldwide

8 Likes

this is a great idea! At last month’s NECANN conference, with 250+ vendors, I found myself thinking about buying a table to rep Overgrow.com. I could sell OG schwag and also give seeds away for donation.

Just handing out OG business cards would attract hundreds of new users to this site. I’ll have to find out how much it would cost for March 2019.

7 Likes

This looks pretty good @worraps just switch the OVERGROW and OG and adjust the .com font size accordingly, may have to bring the OVERGROW size down a point or two as well. Then if you could match the green fill on the leaf to either the website’s navbar or background green and you would have a winner. =]

4 Likes

if you guys settle on a design i’ll order myself a bunch of stickers and put em up around town

3 Likes

I would love to have a couple stickers of this except I think the OVERGROW text should be colored white to keep with the site colors. If you have to, make the CANNABIS CULTIVATION NETWORK text yellow.

1 Like

i believe it was created by a freelancer in a design competition

how heavily does OG want to be promoted? some attention is not good attention.

i’d wear overgrow hats & t-shirts & hoodies… but that’s not the same thing.

:evergreen_tree:
c.s

4 Likes