Proper Ventilation question

I have my grow tent set up in my sunroom. All 4 walls are sliding glass doors, 1 joining it to our living room (this one has about 4 foot of an interior wall on each side of the door, more on this later) while the other 3 open to outside. The roof is a single slope metal roof (not shingles like the rest is my house). I’m in the Midwest so winters can be single digits while summers get quite hot. My tent is only 3x3 and I don’t plan on doing more than 3 or 4 plants max. I am running a 4" 195cfm inline exhaust. I am looking for some opinions when it comes to ventilation.

1. Easiest option is to just exhaust into sunroom and allow passive air intake from the same room. I would assume I’d need to crack a couple outside doors as to allow humidity to escape/fresh air to enter, but maybe I don’t? My concern here is temps as it can be very cold/hot in this room, and even worse with doors open. This also adds a (while very minor) security concern as my doors will always be open.

2. Most difficult option is cutting a hole in the roof and installing a roof vent cap with draft blocker, then running my exhaust straight up and out the roof. I could then cut a hole in the wall joining the living room and install an air vent, then connect a duct to my tent for passive air intake that would pull air from the living room. I feel this would provide more stable temps as well as allowing me to keep all exterior doors locked.

Thoughts? Would option 1 be OK? Go with option 2? Some other ideas or combination of both? Is venting inside AC/heat controlled air straight from your house into the tent a bad idea? I just wanna get this right the 1st time. Thanks!

4 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: 1st Time Noobie Setup Help