Prosecco/Kung Pao

Prosecco Day 3

Kung Pao Day 9

21 Likes

Tell me a little bit about them, I’ve never heard of such I a assume the Kung Pao is a knock out :slight_smile: possibly a sweet spicy? Maybe lol ps oh you are still adding stuff my bad I’m not trying to rush you, carry on good sir carry on :slight_smile:

1 Like

Love the cedar does that seem to help with gnats?

@BjFool is that Ceader or Pet animal bedding ?

Doubt it, it will however help with retaining water in the soil = less watering.

1 Like

It keeps the gnat to a minimum for sure… the last grow I didn’t put any in till later and I had problems with gnats but none so far :crossed_fingers:t5:

1 Like

It’s cedar animal bedding had extra laying around so I threw it in

2 Likes

I knew it lol I’ve definitely thought about doing this myself previously. I flaked out and got Regular ceader chips, I think the Beding will do well for you.

2 Likes

Kung Pao it’s from a breeder from brothers in farm genetics… my last grow it was really sweet not that much of a kick… but also my grow environment was hit or miss on a daily basis… now my environment is under control I’m hoping for better results

1 Like

It has not let me down for 3 grows now… and Walmart special for me… I was look for straw at first but then I like the way the Cesar chips looked in my dog house… and was like i bet it would look better on these pots

1 Like

The breakdown of natural materials such as cedar wood adds compost to the soil, making that soil richer in nutrients such as nitrogen, phosphorus, and potassium, and micronutrients such as sulfur, carbon, and magnesium. It also leaves the soil fluffier…

It also very much helps regulate the soil temperature & helps retain the soils moisture.

2 Likes

I have always wanted to use it (store bought cedar flakes) but hesitated worried about some kind of unknown sprayed on chemical or something but if you haven’t had no issues with it I’ll probably give it a go , I use hay in my beds but hay really doesn’t work well in pots unless you sit down and cut it into little pieces lol thanks for the encouragement :slight_smile:

1 Like

Insects and other bugs also depend on chemicals called pheromones to breed, navigate, and find resources. Cedarwood oil hinders bugs’ ability to use and detect pheromones, disorienting them and disrupting their bodily functions , which often both repels and kills them.

3 Likes

Cedar bedding for pets should be free of any chemical and cedar last longer as a mulch because bugs don’t eat it. Mycelium doesn’t like to grow on cedar its acts like a fungicide.

2 Likes

Yeah I haven’t noticed any problems with it… it smells like good cedar to me but I’m no logger… but my college mascot was a lumberjack :man_shrugging:t5:

2 Likes

I was always told cedar was a natural bug repellent… but the mycelium on the other hand I may need it in my grow… to you think I cover with compost or remove the cedar after awhile will the mycelium come back

1 Like

Just keep it as a mulch layer , so when you top dress pull the chips off or to the side and should be fine it won’t hinder growth that much

1 Like

Cedar bedding is small the oils should leach out fairly quick in small amounts. But I would be worried in might hurt the beneficial fungi if you put a thick layer.

1 Like

Idk not just a layer now if you mix it in yes but just a mulch layer is fine a ton of collection boxes are made of cedar boards (collection boxes for indigenous microorganisms ) with no issues

1 Like

Ok cool I have then layer jus to cover the soil… I plan on removing it once my roots stretch a little more and put compost on top soil then use my Earthbox cover

1 Like