1st grow, 2nd soon

Hey all, was just looking for a few tips on where I should cut and what I shouldn’t cut. I’d say she or he is about 4 weeks now from seedling. I have good air blowing right on it from multiple sides and have lights all around it, not just top. Bout a 2x4 grow space at the moment. Appreciate the help.

6 Likes

Well it really all depends on what style of grow you’re going with and how you what the plant shaped. Are you looking for a single Cola with multiple branches, or are you looking to for a plant with mutliple tops fairly even with one another?

I’d prefer quality over quantity. I’m growing so I can stop paying so much money for goods down in the swamp. My preference is 2-3 plants max and I’m probably consuming oz a month. Solely for personal use.

Also, I don’t have any info on this seed other than that it came from a bag of some good shwag. I’m still not sure what it’s going to look like when it’s mature, how long it will take or when to change lights to 12/12 other than “start when you see the calyx”

Don’t prune anything less than 50% damaged unless your going for shape.

2 Likes

Some strains will not show their sex in veg, a calyx would be a female shooting pistils out, the male has a pollen sack that comes out. Do you have access to any other seeds or have you looked into it ? Strains that may be what your looking for and some good genetics in them, who knows what yours could be but it could be very good. how tall is the grow area ? If you want a bushier plant you want to “top” it by removing the next growth thats comming or if you want a clone let it grow up longer such and you can then get a clone and it will top it by taking the clone. Looks good for your first run ! and like Hoodini said you dont want to remove healthy leaves unless the plant is very health and trying to get light into a certain spot or look . Lots of people on here will guide ya !

2 Likes

You can get some awesome stuff from @ReikoX called LITFA check it out

Your plant looks good keep it up

4 Likes

As everyone has already stated it looks good right now, I wouldn’t touch it u less you’re looking to grow short bushy plants and then like @StrainVenator said, you want to pinch off the very top growth down to the next node. Right now just as @Hoodini said, Leave It The Fuck Alone. LIFTA is a hell of a thing is used properly.

3 Likes

Thanks guys! Yeah my only access to seeds would be through here but I’m currently on a super tight budget. The permanent space where my plant(s) will go is a lil cabinet that I’m working on right now and it will be a 2 door roughly 2x2x8. The top part will be storage to hang clothes and other things but I’m going to run duct behind the clothes bar and seal it off for stealth reasons. Over the next month, if income increases, I will get the proper fans, filter, and lots of caulk. Eventually, hopefully soon, I will have the new permanent grow area sealed, ventilated properly with little to no door issues and ready to go fam! Edit: roughly 2x2x4 grow space

1 Like

when you realise youre so passionate and caring for a plant…then realise it’s also an obsession. Loss of sleep-check

3 Likes

Honestly just worry about this one first. . .learn the do’s and dont’s with this one first then when your fairly sure you know what your doing then worry about quantity. You need to learn to grow first before worrying about anything else. But lucky for you this is the #1 best place to learn dont be afraid to ask questions. The only dumb question is the ones that go unasked
That’s just my opinion. . . Keep it up and remember LITFA

3 Likes

thats a dense little plant man. If u top it, it will take longer to grow out to flower… bc the tops will have to take time to grow out to become decent branches that are worth flowering…Plan on another 2-3wks of veggin if u top.
now if u want top, I suggest topping, and then pinching off the two tips right below the spot where u topped it. If u leave those fist two branch tips, they will shoot up and somewhat block the lower branches… remove those tips, and it opens up the plant and allow lower branches to get full light. and they will develop faster… also cretaes a more uniform “spread” of the branches. Befoore u go to 12/.12, prune off branches except for the thickest 4-6 branches… Then after 14days of 12/.12, remove any growth that isnt already developing flowers. These will be lower growthtips and wont amount to much anyway.
Or u can not top. and instead carefully tie down the plant. pick a point 2/3rds the way up from the botom and tie it to a pucnhed hole inthe contianer lip or to a stake or to install hooks in the walls and tie to that. Panty hose, or plastic-coated wire, and some stakes, has worked for decades man. tie the top down, veg out another 2-3 weeks, tie down any tall branches that shoot up also, and then flip (12/12) the plant.
Or, the third option is to just force it now… If this is yur only plant,. I would clone it, the top… which means you’ll be in-effect topping it… which also means another 2-3wk veg time until it’ll be dencet size enough to be worth flowering… BTW, when i say “veg” I mean a 24/0 light cycle. Never unplug yur veg lights.

2 Likes

thank you rob, that was actually helpful.

lil rigged cubicle

1 Like

the :evergreen_tree: says: don’t touch that f’er until the dicotelydons(baby leaves) are dead, and apply heavy LITFA-- don’t prune yet, she’s just a child!

:wink:

wishing you a good grow

2 Likes

I would top it. did my first grow last year didnt top anything and topped every plant this time with significantly more yeild… worth the extra time, imho, and im running on limited lumens

im guessing you know what topping is?
(cutting the main stem off so it branches out two main stems on the below node).

…i didn’t think about how we all grow to a different plant size/target, so, fair enough, but to myself that’s way early to top b/c she seem’s small…i wait until 18-24" tall on a faster grower myself. since i dunno what the goal is, not sure.

duh. mr :evergreen_tree: just read your tent size. sorry. all i can say is you’ll stunt or stop vertical growth topping in my experience. leaving 1/2 a branche can work too.

again, luck to y’all.

:evergreen_tree:

what about topping and then doing some bending to utilize the horizontal space in there?

2 Likes

That’s what I was thinking spillzy

2 Likes

So many ways to go about it:

2 Likes