Puddha's Palm Grow Gong Fu

Welcome to the temple brothers ! I challenge you to display your gong fu ! We will see who has the best ! Let all of us ganja pugilists duel so that we may learn from our vast techniques to improve our personal growing gong fu ! May all participate in the true spirit of wude, martial virtue ! May we all learn from one each other as brothers from another mother ! With this I now present my style…Puddha’s Palm !

3 Likes

I’ll start from my current grow. 1st pic is Doc’s OG from Rare Dankness. This is 2 weeks into flowering.

7 Likes

#2 Doc’s OG

7 Likes

Pic #3 - White Tahoe Cookies. 2 weeks into flowering. This first pic is through the green light filter which shows their real appearance.

7 Likes

Pic #4 - White Tahoe Cookies without the green filter. I use a pair of green filter sun glasses (don’t know the company). This allows me to be able to get a proper look into their health and diagnose issues if needed. The red spectrum from the (600 watt) HPS is misleading.

7 Likes

#5 - Wedding Cake in the room with the White Tahoe Cookies.

5 Likes

Both the Doc’s OG and the Cakes are under 315 CMF’s (LEC). Both rooms are on a 13/11 light cycle running at 78-80 degrees/F, 45-50% humidity and the Doc’s (room 1) is being CO2 regulated at 1500 ppm. Room 2 isn’t sealed and has no CO2 system in place. The only fresh air being brought in is when the temp. failsafe kicks on if it hits 80 degrees/F or above.

4 Likes

Looking good can I ask with your room 1 c02 level and temp when do you cut back the c02 or do you run it 1500 to the end? Also I was told high c02 requires a hot room mid 80’s is that wrong info? Thanks

1 Like

I usually start the CO2 levels at around 800 on the first day then incrementally increase it to 1500 by the second week or so then incrementally increase it to 2000 by the 6th or 7th week. Alot of experienced old school growers will increase it to 2500 by the end but my CO2 controller won’t go that high lol. You are correct about your heat/CO2 assumption. 80 and above for higher CO2 levels is what I’m aware of. I’ve been running CO2 in the 1st room for over 5 years and I have experimented with from 78 to about 88 degrees and can’t say I’ve gotten better yields towards the hotter end. Adding CO2 was one of the best things I did to increase yield. I’d say about 30% yield increase is a good conservative number. I’m always open to learning though so maybe another factor in that room could be tweaked to allow running temps in the mid to high 80’s would increase yield further, although the plants seem to be happy as is. I’m not a fan of 90 degree temps as I believe the buds (foregoing genetics) can prone towards an airy structure.

3 Likes

Maybe I will try raising the temp in room 1 to 82-85 with the Doc’s and see if she likes it and we can watch how it goes through the cycle.

2 Likes

Thanks for your info guess I better crank my c02 up a bit been running 800 at week 4 .

1 Like

3 1/2 Weeks - First 2 pic’s are the Doc’s OG after 3 days in the dark. PG&E (our power supplier) implements Planned Power Outages in California now in response to the deadly fire situation here. Great for attempting to keep people safe. Not so great for full time indoor growers. Anyhow the girls don’t usually get too phased by it. Actually ,as you can see, it seems they go through puberty and then go for it once the light returns.

White Tahoe Cookies (breeder: Kush4Breakfast)

Dropped by my friends spot yesterday who I got the Cake cuts from and she said these were actually Jungle Cake and not Wedding Cake as she thought. She’s a breeder and has so much genetics around sometimes things get muddled for a minute before getting sorted. No problem here. They seem hearty and healthy…

4 Likes

@ShiskaberrySavior I adjusted the temps to a set point of 85 degrees after you planted the idea in my head and they are growing very fast, in fact a few inches per night. They are very happy and I’ll keep them at these temps for now but when they grow this fast the inter-nodal spacing becomes elongated so there’s a bit more super-cropping that has to be done and I do have limited ceiling height. The other issue with elevated temps is humidity management. It wouldn’t be as much of an issue with a vented (normal) room but I run a sealed environment in the main room. And since no moisture can escape except through dehumidification, it is posing a challenge to control. I already run 2 70 pint humidifiers and they keep it between 45 (good) and 70 (not desirable in flower). I’ll go with it for now and see if I can ride it out for the whole cycle because I am interested in percentage of yield changes.

1 Like

You might have to look at a commercial dehum down the road! I went for a dri ease in a 28x 32 sealed room and it does work but struggles for a few hrs after a water the rest of the time no problem keeping it where ever I want.
Keep me informed of your tests interested to what you’ll find running the room warmer .

1 Like

I should’ve added that I run a whole house HVAC system in the room and a big part of the problem with humidity control now is that by raising the temps the ac isn’t extracting as much moisture from the air because it’s not coming on as much. Thanks for the links on the dri-ease, looking into it…

There pricy but run for years another option rental stores and fire and flood business that specialize in clean up sometimes sell off older models that the hours are adding up for a decent price .

1 Like

4 1/2 weeks (31 days) in bloom - The new room is up and running. First pic is the Doc’s OG in room 1. 2nd pic is a portrait of them. 3rd pic is the White Tahoe Cookies in the new room. Mites had gotten to the center Cake in the auxilliary room and spread to the other cakes. I stripped them down pretty hard, got rid of all the damaged leaves and soaked them with PyGanic pyrethrum spray. Unfortunate and I’d obviously rather not, but I’ll have to be ok with it at this stage. They most likely still have 5 1/2 weeks to go. I’ll include a pic of them next time.

3 Likes

6 1/2 weeks (44 days) in - It’s been a minute. Dealing with mites in the front room on the Doc’s OG. They clones were infected when I aquired them and I’ve kept them under control with regular IPM management using Neem, Pyganic, Trifecta and Azera if needed but these mites seem immune to it all. I’ve gotten rid of all moms and am moving to all seeds for awhile to eliminate picking up bugs from careless growers’ (clubs included unfortunately) clones. Anyhow here they are a few days ago…

2 Likes

Yesterday a friend and I spent all day heavily defoliating the entire room (Doc’s OG) after which I sprayed with Trifecta (safe and 100% essential oils, also recommended use for up to a week before harvest). I don’t normally spray anything past budset but unfortunately drastic issues call for drastic measures. Room #2 is doing much better.

Here are the cake and white tahoe cookies in room #2, also at 44 days. Cake -

White Tahoe Cookies -

3 Likes

Today they hit 49 days, getting closer to the finish. This is the nice part where I just keep them fed and check on them, making sure they are comfortable and happy. At 44 days the White Tahoe Cookies were emitting this wonderful baked muffin or cookies smell but it has since changed to a subtle sweetness that is mostly gassy on the back end. The cake was very cake/dessert smelling but is now changing to a melon gas smell. Both are very pleasing to both the eye and pallet. The OG is gassy and slow to finish. I will not be running her again. She is some of my favorite smoke but grows too tall and lanky (the OG side) and will run 10 to 11 weeks for a full finish.

White Tahoe Cookies -

Jungle Cake -

…and a little bud that popped off the cake last night when I was pulling some leaves that were blocking light to other buds.

3 Likes