Punks Not Dead

4 Likes

The Misfits still make this hippy want to thrash shit and bomb stairs on a board

And last but not least for now some gypsy punk :metal::metal::metal:

15 Likes

Punks not dead, it just deserves to die, when it becomes another stale cartoon…
Started with DK and Suicidal in grade nine. From there, BlackFlag, Circle Jerks and finally landed in the NYC hardcore neighborhood. Sick of it all, warzone, and of course AF! Ahhhh good memories! I’m 51 this spring and I still wanna jump in the circle pit when I crank this shit! Thanks for the sweet memories @FattyRoots !

11 Likes

Forgot how much I used to like these guys too. Also realized I started getting into some punk before I got that Punk-o-Rama cd. I had started really getting into Green Day and The Offspring at like 10 y/o but didn’t fully submerse myself in punk and get into the stuff they weren’t playing on the radio for a few more years

4 Likes

My mom works with some woman who’s Jerry and Doyle’s sister in law. My mom showed me pics from the woman’s facebook page of some family reunion where Jerry showed up in full stage gear and face paint with posters and CDs for the kids.

4 Likes

That is fucking rad man. I still got lots of love for em but they haven’t been the same since Danzig split. Wish I could have seen em live with him on vocals. Funny thing is I don’t care much for him solo :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Nothing beats Danzig era but I thought the Graves era was decent. Not big on Only singing. I love some of Danzig’s solo stuff though! It’s just metal instead of punk but he’s got a lot of good stuff. I always thought he sounded a little like Jim Morrison.

6 Likes

Bad Brains
saw them a looonnnggg time ago - great night - hardcore mayhem and then they dropped into restful reggae every once in awhile

16 Likes

There still Touring, incredible there still alive never mind touring.

There hitting South America in November on a tour…

I hope they have a gig in :panama: I just think The Exploited plus Crazy Latinos….is a amazing mix.

Take care

5 Likes

@Slick1
I disagree with the Danzig .
I have never owned 1 album .

My Best friend Growing up gave me this when I got out at 18 , he’s a famous Tattoo artist El Diablo man we smashed threw pits almost every weekend weatgerbitvwas in ventura Beach, hunting Beach, Fullerton, San Fran
FFF forever

7 Likes

i miss some crass😁

3 Likes

Old school, baby:

And while it may not fall under the exact definition of “punk,” this is still one of the best and most punk-rock albums ever:

I still listen to that one a few times a year; can’t say the same for a lot of stuff I listened to when I was a kid.

9 Likes

One of my favorite bands…what a music revelation they pioneered, ye love them.

Probably my fav album is right up your street @FattyRoots ( excuse the pun)

SANDANISTA

Nice to see you back on OG

3 Likes

@Panamajock I grew up listening to The Exploited definitely pioneer’s, I remember putting this track on a mixed cassette that I gifted to a girl I liked in high school.

Yeah @Slick1 Earth Crisis and the whole Victory Records movement was huge in the mid to late 90’s, it kind of caused a divide in my area because it preached veganism and straight edge practices and us skate punks loved our beer, weed and meat.

A funny story about Brian Baker the bass player for Minor Threat who basically started the straight edge movement… after he had crossed over to Bad Religion in 94 he was quoted saying “fuck all you straight edge kids we started this whole thing” while he bends over and snorts a line of coke haha, the irony.

My go to for that hardcore sound is Raised Fist out of Sweden, sick

8 Likes

I love the Clash, I have all their albums on vinyl. Yes that album name definitely took a turn for the worse unfortunately. Power corrupts aye mate

I was meant to see Joe Strummer live at the 2002 Glastonbury Festival but he died a couple weeks earlier… RIP

5 Likes

Ye Joe…triste…I saw the clash a few times…loved them from day dot…

My ex wife has a vinyl copy of SANDANISTA …triple album…and I need to get it back…as well as others.

I will leave you all with Joe at his best …Rock The Casbah…what a track

Image of Who sang vocals on Rock the Casbah?

Joe Strummer’s venomous isolated vocal on The Clash classic ‘Rock the Casbah’ One of the most fearsome lead singers of all time, Joe Strummer is often, and rightly, lauded for his compelling lyric writing, his vicious ear for a tune and uncompromising values.Dec 12, 2020

Paz

5 Likes

Sorry to crash the part but I had to get alittle metal old school raw and not the same today

6 Likes

What a brilliant :thread: We go loads of Punks on OG

Perhaps one day when we have a OG Convention…We can have a tent for live punk music…We can all Pogo together…LOL

3 Likes

I may aswell keep it in the UK this morning

Post Subhumans

7 Likes