Pure Michigan F2 by 3rd Coast

Found 1 more big healthy male and removed the 3 mutant/runts leaving me with 4 healthy females. The plants are really healthy and the stem rub is a really putrid ‘evil’ burning rubber smell. Ive smelled this before on some previous strains but certainly not this pungent. Did a very quick defol on the big one then decided to leave it for another week will the stretch finishes. Bit of wasted canopy space now with this pheno hunt whittled down to 4 plants but oh well. One definitely has a more solid healthy structure but will run all 4 again a second time to make sure. Just in the middle of wk2 flower now.

13 Likes

Got my attention with this Michigan. Nice stuff following along. :call_me_hand:

1 Like

Looking good my friend. Really good

2 Likes

Finishing up wk3 flower went ahead and did the leaf strip I’ve been putting off due to a solid bout of depression. This #7 has a really fantastic solid plant structure. Really thick stems, big ass dark healthy leaves, really smells bad already. I’m hoping it’s the keeper. The other 3 are ok but shorter, a bit on the cabbagey side and didn’t really smell as much as this #7. I could probably go ahead and strip even more leaves off I’ll just keep plucking as the buds form. It smells really bad like bad burnt rubber funk and something else offensive, I really like it. The plants seem really happy especially this big one.

18 Likes

I just got caught up and it’s looking excellent and I’m always excited but nervous during the stretch and it’s always the unknown of how much they’ll stretch out and I’ve unfortunately been away due to my Dad being in the hospital and I can’t describe how much it lift’s my spirit to have such a great community and those are some tree trunks and just let me know if u need to borrow my chainsaw to harvest LoL seriously though amazing job Happy Growing The Doc

1 Like

I try not to get too worried about the stretch worst case scenario I just tie a branch down with a yoyo

1 Like

Still a little stretch going on the #7 so had to tie a branch down as it grew up thru the light.

Noticeable darker leaves on that one too, the other 3 are all very similar to each other, much smaller plants, more squat, more “delicate” foliage if that makes sense and more light green leaves. I don’t know much about the parents Oreoz or Mendo Breath so don’t know which is leaning which way or the other, but so far the big #7 is the most exciting of the 4 plants. Big plant, big fat dark leathery leaves, foul stem rub and over all a more “staunch” structure.

I’m wondering if it’s worth potting these up into bigger 30L pots. Do you reckon that will stress them too much this far into flower or should I just leave them in these little pots?

14 Likes

This is awesome mate :clap: plants are looking great :+1: I’m particularly interested in the pure Michigan strain, it’s apparently phenomenal for people suffering with migraines. Where did you buy your seeds from? I’d love to get some for myself. I’ll be following this one for sure mate good luck with the grow!:v:

3 Likes

I got mine from Deeply Rooted seedbank when they re released them a few months ago. They tend to sell out fast thogh I believe

2 Likes

I’ll have Pure Michigan F3s soon!

Looking fantastic @KETAMINE_GRENADE

8 Likes

@KETAMINE_GRENADE Cheers mate thanks I’ll have to check them out and keep my eyes peeled!
@TestOfOath awesome mate good stuff! Make sure you throw up some photos of your beauties! If you get some f3 and have any spare hit me up &I’ll buy a pack, cheers mate :+1:

2 Likes

These clones have been waiting very patiently to go in the veg tent but I did so today when I transplanted another grow

I kept a male just in case for some reason and kept 3 of the #7 in case my intuition is right and the other 3 females aren’t as good.

4 Likes

Starting to get black calyxes on a couple of plants a guess thats a good sign of pretty colours to come

10 Likes

Man this #7 is really a fucking standout among the other 3 plants. Such vigorous growth, the leaves are super thick, leathery and dark. dense flower structure already compared to the others and looking like it will yield quite well. very solid specimen. Pungent nose already, I can’t describe it. Very earthy, spicy, soapy, chemical, almost garlic maybe. Very sticky too. Only week 5 so early days but looks very promising. Good amount of frost formation. If it keeps going this way I might just move it straight into my main rotation tent to go in after the Killer Glue.

18 Likes

Very nice grow. I grow Pure Michigan and your f2s look very simular. I have a finished pic, but didn’t want to photo bomb your thread uninvited.

Pure Michigan is one of my favorites for sure.

Best of luck on the grow!

-al

4 Likes

Feel free to photobomb, man. 2 of the other phenos look like different so I don’t know which is mendo breath leaners and which are oreoz leaners.

1 Like

This pic is right at the chop:

This pic is before the chop from the other side. The plants in the foreground are Pure Michigan in first day of flower. The first row of finished plants in the background are Pure Michigan in their last day. You can see the stretch rate is similar to the structure in your F2s.

Here’s a finished bud:

Hope this helps. I really love this weed. Best of luck on the grow. I’ll be watching.

-al

25 Likes

Man that looks great but like it’s.going to be annoying to trim :sob:

1 Like

Haha aren’t they all(most). Worst part of the whole deal. At least to me and I’m sure many others.

1 Like

The gorilla breath and killer glue I grow are actually great to trim I just have to pull off a couple of fan leaves and maybe a quick 3 second hair cut they’re actually great. Thus looks like a 5minute haircut every top haha

1 Like