Purple badlands grow

I just got my plant count doubled so I’m gonna run these purple badlands. Much more to come.
Cheers.

16 Likes

Sweet! This ones book marked

4 Likes

Pulling up the chair, popcorn “check”, cold beer “check”, and a “smoke” “check”. Now on with the show :sweat_smile: , good luck and happy growing.

Cheers Johnny

2 Likes

The soak is on. Updates will come as usual. Thank you to OG for these rare seeds.
Cheers.

11 Likes

I loved the purple Badlands I grew out got a couple left I’ve been saving

2 Likes

I heard they like to stretch at the flip @TheShowMeHomie, what was your take on that?

2 Likes

Mine didn’t stretch to much I also grew it in a 1 gallon bag with short veg time so my example probably not the best gauge

Very stardawg in high very flo in taste wish I had taken a clone

I did make a couple seeds with an Azad Kashmir male in this bud got one in flower now

14 Likes

Beautiful bud there. @TheShowMeHomie. Thanks for the advice.

2 Likes

Alright, take y’all’s pointed-toe shoes off, pulling up my beanbag chair. I’ll sit over here in the corner. out of everyone’s way. You don’t mind me using yer Microwave every now and then, do ya? I’m a Popcorn Freak!!! Good luck running through The Badlands, stay safe and, be well.

4 Likes

Interested to see how these run myself.

3 Likes

That right there is something I’m prob going to have the opposite problem of, I can’t do any pruning without wanting to root the cuttings lol. I know I’m getting ahead of myself, but I have a feeling once I get going, I’m goin to end up with at least one bonsai mother of almost every strain I grow out. I’ll have to control myself and do some culling. Though as a wannabe future pollen chucker, variety is a tool box lol.

4 Likes

I have been down that route, they end up taking a lot of space and time up maintaining them. After losing most of my mom’s last year to mites, I think it’s safer to make some fem seeds from them as well, for back up and ease of growing, if you want to preserve the genetics. I found every 6 months I had to replace the mother with one of its clones as they ended up 3ft high with a few branches on top, like a palm tree :smirk:

3 Likes

In my past grow years ago, I kept a mother for almost two years as a bonsai, I think I root pruned her two or three times. I plan on making some STS solution down the road anyway, so I’ll just save all the seeds too then lol.

2 Likes

The buns are in the oven. I can report that germ rate was 100 percent on these beans. Now we wait for the sprouts.
Cheers.

4 Likes

So far only 2 have sprouted so I’m soaking 6 more just in case.

5 Likes

Well I have 3 that made it. We will see what happens.

4 Likes

I read ReikoX having them in fabric pots, that way they were air prunned so you forgot about them, sounded me like a great idea … Arriba|nullxnull

@ubcchemo Also luckily got them, will follow with great interest your progress, thanks for sharing … beer2|nullxnull

4 Likes

Yea I plan on trying Fabric pots for a mother or too this time.

3 Likes

Do you have Fabric Pots? I have some…3 and 5 Gallon, I do believe. Stay safe/be well.

3 Likes

The one I have are all being used by black and raspberries lol. I’m looking to get a couple 1-2 gal size to try. I’m doing bonsai mothers anyway, I use to keep them in 1/2 gal Tupperware style containers, wider vs deeper, not sure if that makes a difference. I’m going to get several 2gal ones anyway for my peppers that I’m going to grow as well lol.

4 Likes