Purple buds...who grows them?

Curious who has grown purple phenotypes? If so post a pic and give info on the strain and where the seed stock came from.
I got a gorgeous purple going now and its Royal Gorilla from Royal Queen seeds. This strain isn’t known to be purple, but I sure got 2 out of 5 seeds that are dank and dark purple!

146 Likes

Wow those look fantastic!!! I’m getting ready to drop some purps :v::peace_symbol::call_me_hand:

3 Likes

Wow!! Those look beautiful! You keep a cut?

1 Like

That is gorgeous! Is it temp induced? I’m waiting for Purple unicorn pollen/seeds, it’s a reliably purple strain, and apparently is still potent.

4 Likes

Yes!! if I hadn’t of then I would have never forgiven myself. I got plans to tweak the genetics and create a super strain and go on to rule the world! (Or something like that)

16 Likes

Not temp induced. 100% genetic. To watch these develop was mesmerizing. In the 15+ years I’ve grown…I never had anything close to this.

8 Likes

Phantom cookies grand daddy genetics

Qrazy train TGA subcool

Old family purple csi humboldt

Blue Oaxaca x Blueberry :blue_heart: deep ellum

Mendocino purple cheddar :yum: csi humboldt

46 Likes

Those look fucking beautiful! I’m definitely looking into some of those genetics!

4 Likes

Beautiful! Which was the best in your opinion?

2 Likes

what do you think of that qrazy train? the first cross i made years ago was a (original sour diesel x qrazy train) but i think I made a poor male selection with the qrazy train, it turned out a little weak for my expectations.

1 Like

Thanks @theomegajedi

Ah man thats a tough one lol @PurpsNTerps they were all beautiful in there own ways. But my favorite out of these was the blue Oaxaca x Blueberry awesome Blueberry smells and long lasting killer high.

I like the Qrazy train myself. The high wasn’t the best but the flavor! I found 3 different phenos in a 5 pack. 1# smelled like grape bubblegum, #2 smelled like earthy lemons, and #3 (my favorite) the one pictured smelled like fermenting fruit with a grape hard candy back end :yum:. Also the #2 seeded up so I have a ton of those lol. Im sure there’s some winners in those beans it sounds like a great cross. @anonymous4289

7 Likes

17 Likes

Any plans to make seeds? Or cuts…:drooling_face:
I just looked up details about Royal gorilla, wtf, another American strain that’s only sold through a European breeder?!?

2 Likes

Thats awsome purple has always been my favorite color even when i was litttle now i know why

3 Likes

Wow! Those are purple :purple_heart: for sure. @Grohio has a purple unicorn thread going. Should be all purple there as well

4 Likes

Yes! Pop over there and ask for some pollen! Get a purple unicorn x Royal gorilla going. They say everything the PU makes cross with turns purple too. Though I think it’s a deeper purple.

6 Likes

I have a Purple Power (feminized) germing. Interested to see how it turns out.

2 Likes

I was told this is a shishkaberry but I don’t believe it.

Very purple though.

27 Likes

I have made quite a few cuts and keep a mother plant. I will never let her leave my side. Me and purple pot plant will be like siamese twins! But yes I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to get some proven dank male pollen. Check this out… I popped 5 regular Humboldt seeds Trainwreck (regs), 5 Nirvana Ice(regs) 2 Bruce Banner (regs), 3 OG 18 DNA Genetics, in search of a male and guess what? 15/15 are female lol!

7 Likes

Some “Dark Devil” that I just grew out recently. The only thing I’m not a fan about is that it was an auto and I can’t keep it around for a bit.

37 Likes