Purple Haze Search

Hello there I’m looking for references and recommendations on good quality breeders for Purple Haze… I’m aware of some of the mainstream options through Multiverse and North Atlantic but would love to hear what you people think. Regular or feminized doesn’t matter to me but would rather not run autoflower unless it’s just amazing. Couple years ago I ran a white label Purple Haze Auto from North Atlantic which was cool but so damn small and would like to build it up properly. Thanks

3 Likes

Howdy @Headies12green, I think Old Timers haze or something with provenance from SamS’s Original Haze work would be the best place to find something authentic that’s purple and also haze. I’m pretty sure ACE offers their OldTimers haze in both Green and Purple selections as well as packs with both selections included. Hope this helps. Many blessings and much love

3 Likes

Did you see this on Multiverse?

Last one.

4 Likes

You may already be aware of all these, but figured I’d share anyway.

I haven’t run any from that seedfinder list. I did run a strain labelled purple haze many years ago but I can’t remember what breeder it was from. I want to say it was an overseas breeder. But it really doesn’t matter because I ended up with all males from that pack, so I really have nothing to contribute to this discussion. lol

2 Likes

Oh yeah man I’ve actually seen that but not sure I want to venture into the 15 week flowering range haha, would love something with Purple Thai. Looks like an interesting strain though that’s for sure

2 Likes

I think the quickest flowering Purple Haze hybrid Ace Seeds currently offers is Haze x Kali China.

It’s advertised as 12-14 weeks compared to 14-20 weeks for the OldTimers pure. Perhaps there can be something worthwhile found with some of the China influence that’s quicker to maturity than the OldTimers pure.

I think 10-12 weeks is about the minimum flowering duration required for a quality Haze or Haze Hybrid as it relates to maturity and effects. Less than that and I don’t think they have enough time to adequately express themselves. Many blessings and much love

2 Likes

Haze and short flowering do not go together. At least not the ones you want.

8 Likes

Traditional purple haze is purple thai x haze and it’s usually in the 9 to 10 week range. I’m not looking for a pure haze just a nice hybrid…we can argue all day about what constitutes a haze but would rather not bother. My auto version a couple of years ago was nice purple pheno creative sativa high and would love to capture something similar in a photo.

Sounds like you’ve got it all figured out. I’ll see myself out.

2 Likes

currently have Garden of Green Purple Haze going outside.
it smells AMAZING, and has been stacking some very spectacular looking flowers.

i have grown 3 different strains from GOG now. candyland ended up being the star of outdoor garden 2yrs ago. i’ve got cali bay dream (bay 11) and purple haze outside this year. BOTH plants have been extremely easy to grow and completely non-fussy. calibaydream has been the front runner of the “stacking and packing” award and purple haze has been impressing me the whole grow when it was the most ambivalent seed i planted this year. now i’m a big fan and excited to see how it finishes up.

i have not grown a single crappy plant from GOG. very impressed with what i have gotten from them.

GOG Purple Haze outside 2024

8 Likes

Norstar has a cross they loosely compare to Purple Haze called Moonshadow. It’s Old Mendo Haze X Purple Mayhem, maybe those fit your needs.

5 Likes

Hemp Depot has some OTH hybrids (regular).
Might find a nice representation that’s a throwback to the original.

3 Likes

there was some around here. a buddy who got some over the past year grew it out and dropped me some smoke. it was ok. there were a few I found in the bud which i think was crossed with BMR from doug. but, it’s around I think.

1 Like

Oh nice man I do remember seeing your plant the other day… I’m not familiar with that company but love trying new breeders. Looks like very solid genetics

2 Likes