QB Configuration Questions

Hey OG! I need your opinions on this LED build. I’ve been lighting a 30’ x 60" veg/flower closet with a HLG 320 XL Rspec, with great results.

I bought another one to pair it with, (660 w max. combined) to light a 5’ x 5’ flowering tent.

My questions are:
Should I hang them, independently, evenly spaced - Versatility
Spaced & joined with Alum. angle, as 1 unit - Easier to adjust, or…
Buy or make a 3rd heatsink, and clone a Scorpion Rspec?

The Scorpion config would allow me to grow ~6’ Sativas. I’m not sure which offers the best light coverage. Please chime in. :peace_symbol:

I would hang them individually if it were me. Give you more versatility if one plant decides to shoot up over the others.

4 Likes

I have 1 fixture in either tent. I’ve elevated newly flipped, or shorter plants on boxes, etc.for years, PITA. I agree, versatility is a big plus. But, different heights could cause hot/cold spots?

1 Like

I’m with Double D on this, hang them independently. :+1:
I’d be looking for a dimmable version of the driver (B or AB) if you haven’t purchased yet.

Nice light BTW.

Cheers
G

2 Likes

I bought the same, (HLG-320H-1750A) dimmable driver on Ebay & the kit from HLG. Saved $100. I was planning on running 'em at max power, and maintaining a safe canopy distance.

1 Like

Keep an eye on the case temperature of the driver. An IR thermometer ‘gun’ is great for this. Anything over 70C is cutting into life expectancy (page 8 of the data sheet).

Cheers
G

2 Likes

I have 3 hlg 260xls.
I hang independently . I grow different stains and some stretch more than others

2 Likes