Quest for terpenes

Greetings everyone! :bouquet::adult:‍:ear_of_rice:
My name is synk. This is my quest for terpenes.

Purple punch has made huge waves in the last few years for its bag appeal and photogenic qualities. I am hoping to explore its Granddaddy Purple lineage with these seeds found in buds labeled ‘outdoor GDP’ in 2010/2011. Unsure about the donor or if they’re even ‘GDP’… But I’m still excited to pop these after 10 years of having them saved! Thanks for joining me :hugs:

11/17: GDP bagseeds set in water & fulvic.

11/18: Carefully cracked open w tweezers before placing each seed into amended coco.

11/21: 1st sprout!

11/23: 2 of 3 up.

First to grow blades :lizard:

Will do my best to keep updated. I have kept a picture journal someplace else, but I really dig this site from what I’ve read and wanted to share my GDP journey with you all here.
Thanks for having me, OG! Stop by anytime :blush:
~synk

33 Likes

Welcome to OG, I’ll grab a seat and tag along with your grow if that’s ok

Nice plants

4 Likes

Welcome!

Seen plenty of people soak seeds in water but never with added fulvic acid. Cool!

4 Likes

Welcome to Overgrow!

3 Likes

I’ll take the left side of the couch and start loading the party bong!

Just a ‘heads up’ GDP is known for herms - so keep an eye out for naners to pluck. :pinching_hand:

Cheers
G

8 Likes

Looking good! Welcome!

2 Likes

Welcome to Overgrow @Synkra , drop the by introduce yourself thread and say hi to the community if you feel like it.

3 Likes

I always forget to direct people to that thread. Come to think of it, I don’t think I’ve ever made a post there myself

3 Likes

Cool, I love when old beans are popped and explored, really fascinating stuff. Going to come along for the journey for sure!

Glad to see they are viable, and curious for what will come out of them.

2 Likes

Thanks all! Really appreciate the warm welcome. Excited to see what these beans become and I’m happy to share the progress with you all.

@anon84307778 I had either fulvic acid or gibberellic acid to soak the seeds in to help stimulate these older seeds. GA3 is something I’ve never experimented with before so I went with the safer of the two options.

@Gpaw! Perhaps that is where the pollen had come from… I will be on the lookout for any nanners when flowering. Thanks for loading the party bong and sharing! :partying_face:

‘GDP’
#1: first blades formed;
#2: cotyledon formed, missing/tiny blades(?);
#3: yet to sprout.

5 Likes

Welcome @Synkra to OG! Good luck with your grow.

4 Likes

A valiant pursuit! Got a pack of GDP in the vault that I am waiting to hunt through as well. Looking forward to see how these grow out.

5 Likes

GDP seedlings are 6 days from sprout. #1 growing second leaflet, #2 off to a slow start but now growing blades and holding onto hope that #3 will rise any day. Using a heat mat to keep temps at 77°F.

11/24:

11/26:

7 Likes

We have liftoff!!!

1 Like

On thier 2nd week!

Looking a lil scraggly, but coming along

So far they’re looking more hazy than Afghani. Any opinions?

Where did your gdp seeds come from, @NorthNorthNugs? I have a couple candyland seeds from a uk supplier, but I might try somewhere else if these don’t work out… Thanks!

2 Likes

Attitude in the UK. From Ken Estes company.

2 Likes

Too early to say methinks!

1 Like

Mine gave me triangle shaped f u babies because summer flower reached over 85. Didnt seed anything. I read from many others she gets heat stressed just tossing it in there too but now is a good time cool time.
It’s still my night time go to. Unique cucumber earthy sweet taste.

2 Likes

Any nutrients in that coco? My fem ibl was also pretty serrated in veg gotta wait to see what she does.

Yes, coco is mixed with ewc, oyster shell flour and a small amount of veg mix. I’ve started feeding a light mix of dg’s foliar pro 9-3-6 and rhino skin silica. I’m keeping a clear plastic cup over the 2nd seedling… It seems too delicate to do otherwise, like it would shrivel up without a dome.

A shot from today

4 Likes