Question about water temp

Close enough to your description? Chilly bin minus it’s lid :smiley: Oh, and I removed the base board from the door so the entire bottom of the door is leaking air now too :smiley:

1 Like

So after an hour or so setup like this. The temp inside the bin is 13C. Current water temp is 24C. Progress :smiley:

2 Likes

Great idea using the ice chest like that! Its a start :slight_smile:

So i’ve been trying to find a switch to control a pump by temp. I don’t seem to even be able to get close to what I’m looking for. Any suggestions? When i sort out more powerful cooling, I want the pump for cooling to only run as needed.

so this little unit is sitting on top of the rez. I moved the bin a little because it was missing a large bit of the draft. Top number is the temp at the unit. Bottom number is the temp inside the bin :smiley: Water temp currently 23. Now I just hope it doesn’t get too cold when the light goes off :smiley:

1 Like

I didn’t read everything so, ignore me if already asked/answered.

24% humidity is low, more so in veg.

If it is cold outside can you put a airpump outside and run the airline from outside to the rez so it will be pumping in cold air.

You can get plastic bottles and freeze them to put in the rez to cool it if things get critical. You will want double the amount you are using to keep the extras in the freezer so when you take one out, another is already ready.

3 Likes

I just realized the other day that the humidifier on the furnace is broken. I intend to replace it asap. The air outside is currently -43 with windchill but i don’t currently have anymore hose to move the air pump that far away. That’s a great idea with the bottles.

2 Likes

I like these Temperature controllers for cost. They work well. You can find them on Ebay for slightly less.

1 Like

Just a quick update. The rez seems to be holding a steady 21C now. Thanks so much for all the suggestions guys!! :smiley:

3 Likes

That sounds close to perfect!

Now you just need that PH meter and you can start really getting it dialed in :smiley:

3 Likes

Pretty much the same thing as Larry suggested, but pre-wired and easy to work with.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01HXM5UAC

I opened mine up and replaced the sensor with this to get more even temp readings.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01A6DIPFM

1 Like

Yeah, if you’re not electrically inclined - as in wiring 110 volt AC circuits, and how to properly handle common grounds and neutral/hot leads - then the one @SuperiorBuds suggested is a far better choice.

If you are handy with electrical wiring, its not that big a deal.

1 Like

Finally got the ph meter ordered. Now let’s see how much the strike has messed things up :smiley:

1 Like