Question for breeders

Hey thanks for reading. I just looked in my veg tent(18/6) and a ThSeeds Mk ultra, theres some history,but first this mk ultra is trying to bud out, looks like about day 5 of flower. The history ok as a seedling it was like a siamese twin it had a whole different sorry dont know the nomenclature, main stalk protruding at a 90 degree from the other like a L but the bottom leg was just below the first real leaves. I cut it off long ago, been in veg 8 weeks ,mainly because the flow tent is full

My question is : assuming i am right does that mean it has ruderalis in its linage?

3 Likes

It could be doing the ore flowering thing if it’s root bound and sometimes it’s from other forms of stress.
I see it mostly when plants get root bound or they get too dry between waterings. The whole point of the plant growing is to mature and reproduce. So if it’s getting too dry between watering it can trigger something in the plant that makes it mature even under normal veg light cycles cause it wants to reproduce before it would die and repeatedly getting too dry the plant is signaling it’s at risk of dying.

1 Like

@J-Icky hey thanks for the input! it shouldnt be rootbound now but it was as a seedling in a solo cup, if it was from being dry that also would of been in the solo cup as i had gnats for a bit, but its been out of the cup for over a month its in a 7 gal. other stress …maybe its a happy little plant usually praying. The fungus gnats provoked me into drying out the soil and leaving it in the solo cup a week longer or so. but that was over a month ago. could it be from then?

and thanks i thought it meant it had to have ruderalis

I honestly don’t know much about the heritage of the MK Ultra. It may very well have some ruderalis like genes.

But you should also be aware of the fact that autoflowers have been found in landrace sativas and indicas also. Obviously not as pronounced as in ruderalis but there have been found those occasional afghani or Hindu Kush plants that will flower regardless of photoperiod. Equatorial sativas also must have a form of the same gene too. How else could they grow into 12ft+ monsters while living in almost constant 12/12.

3 Likes

@J-Icky thanks so much,got to say i am loving this, learning a lot . always appreciate knowledge!

1 Like