Question on seeds from uk

has anyone (particularly from new york state) had their seeds seized by customs and gotten a letter? i am thinking of ordering from a seed bank in the u.k. again and i heard from a friend that her seeds were seized and she got a nasty-gram. just wondering if her’s was an anomaly or if the feds figured out how and where they are being shipped from.

Tell them to double pack it, attidute do it automatically. Or If you pay them little more they can send it out concelad in a shirt for example. I sended out seeds to my friend in us lately, I needed to fill out little green card, I will give you updates when he receive it or order from oaseeds (spain) I think they can help you to conceal your beans :wink:

1 Like

i do use attitude too and so did my friend. thanks. good karma to you!

Funny, I think they must be cracking down on Uk seedbanks orders to the US. Over the years I probly had over 40 orders from all the major banks and never lost one. Over the last 2 months I lost 2 out of 3 to customs…now I only order from US Banks.

1 Like

thats what i was thinking. will probably hold off for a while and use what i have left. thanks!

From GB, never in the last currently no seeds were not confiscated, only from Holland and Spain, they were confiscated in Chicago, JFK is fine. Proverbs green envelope where was unknown origin of seeds. Otherwise, no other problem.

1 Like

My friend got green taped, customs opened the package, but did not take the seeds. Not sure if being in a legal state had anything to do with it but I thought it was USDA violation as well as customs violation to import seeds.

good luck that they didnt keep the seeds. i worry that the heat would follow them and introduce me to hotel n.y.extended stay department. im going to stay stateside for a while until this subsides. good karma to you!