Railroad tracks y

What’s your thoughts on growing a couple near the tracks?? Say you know a place where trains constantly are loading and unloading and there’s constantly movement and noise but is hidden by woods so nobody can really ever see you unless your standing on the tracks when one is coming. Has anyone had any experience?

2 Likes

If you’re in town, people walk along the tracks all the time. You might get away with it if the woods are low, scrubby/thorny with impassable underbrush. IDK where you live, but here you have to go to the middle of absolute nowhere to find places that people don’t walk by at least once a season.

5 Likes

Well here there is no way to get in unless you go through the woods and people don’t walk the tracks here to much because they call the police if they see you walking them. I live in a very small town so not to many people walk the tracks that I know

2 Likes

Don’t put all your eggs in one basket.

and good luck. :wink:

:evergreen_tree:

4 Likes

I’d say scrogg that bitch as flat as you can and Camouflage it in as best ya can maybe throw some airy tumble weeds on top!

4 Likes

Ya I agree that not all in one place is best regardless of your spot…

Look for obvious paths in the area to get an idea of what kind of traffic might be around. Also, don’t take the same way to your spot twice because that will create new obvious trails for curious people to follow.

4 Likes

Probably a bad ideal,id find another spot. There are always people walking the tracks,even if you dont see them. And generally those people don’t have a lot of money and can be transient,which is why they are walking the tracks to begin with. So if someone sees your plants its a goner. Better off to find a small opening in the woods

Try this old trick : In the summer time tie a $5 to a branch where you want to possibly grow. If its there next spring you are probably good to go.$5 is well worth the future loss if you grew in that spot
I read about this method somewhere a long time ago

11 Likes

Shit save yourself 4$ and put a George out there don’t know anyone that wouldn’t pick up a buck either! Lol

7 Likes

Damn straight! lol and 20 characters

4 Likes

Make sure you are a good ways off of the tracks. They spray herbicides constantly.

I live near a track and I’ve already seen a unit come through twice spraying a lot of crap. It’s on the rails and comes through by itself with the sprayer on back constantly spraying while he heads up the tracks.

That’s why you never see weeds or anything alive growing close to the tracks. And, if there happens to be a wind blowing in the direction of your plants… well.

Powerline rights of way are so-so, too. They cut the brush to the ground every few years depending on what part of the county you’re in and how fast things grow. Some states spray rights of ways.

As teenagers in the 70’s we found out the hard way with the powerline and gas pipeline rights of way. I found out later in years about RR tracks and was reminded just this spring again when I saw them spraying here.

Good luck! guerrilla growing is fun as hell, because it can be scary as hell if your state isn’t legal.

peace

7 Likes

agreed. A lot of people actually use the powerline clearings for snowmobiles, atvs and or hunting when in their seasons.

2 Likes

Maybe it’s just me but always felt more comfortable running in a corn feild. Where you know no one walks. Then something like this, just my 2 cent’s.

3 Likes

ive heard stories of farmers doing this, having a little plot way out in the middle of their corn field where only the farmer has access too.

2 Likes

Very common for people to hide big patches in cornfields where I am here. Usually it’s not the farmer…

There are people who rent planes in the fall to fly around and find patches to steal. Not cool, but you gotta give em credit for creativity lol

I’ve heard of people camping out by their crops to protect them (probably with shotguns), as well as other security measures. You’d have to be pretty stupid/crazy to mess with people’s crops.

1 Like

“There are people who rent planes in the fall to fly around and find patches to steal”

Around here those use to be state police or sheriffs departments. But i dont think they really do it much anymore because its just about legal here. Probably cheaper to use drones also because of fuel minus the cost of a real pilot

3 Likes

Yes the cops definitely did/do that too!