Rainbow ylly by Tricoma Gold Genetics

Here they all are three to sprout and twelve going hard,…group mugshot

6 Likes

Update 10/21/20. Twelve have been uppotted and are now under two 600 watt metal halide lamps. They are in veg for the next month! Let’s see these rainbow ylly grow into :deciduous_tree: 's

6 Likes

12 have doubled in size in a week, they are going strong. Three or so of the plants show fat leaves, and the rest are skinny. I have two more in solos getting uppotted in a week. So that brings us to 14 total. Had to make all 12 under one lamp because I was making a noob mistake and burning them…

7 Likes

Moved them back under two lamps. Got some huge maple leafers going and a somes lightly skinnier leafed ones, so far so good.

8 Likes

Halfway through veg, unless I decide they need more time for structure. Note… This is a highly dense plant with close node growth, these are the pictures of all the rainbow ylly 's before I topped them. Topped them today. Update! 11/5/2020. These are them going strong halfway through a month of veg. More updates later on this is the early veg update.

12 Likes

Ive been reading a little on the subject lately. Obviously temp variations later in flowering can help. I think I read somwtbi g else about it also, but that’s escaping me right now. If I find it again, l let ya know.

I’m getting ready to grow some blackberry kush next round, so I need to be thinking about this.

That red pheno was a great looking plant. It can consume you trying to find that beauty, I bet.

I wonder how much breeders use temps to influence colors. It makes a better picture right? Can’t temps influence most strains to get some purples or other colors? Is it truly a purple pheno if you have to get it super cold to get it to change colors?
I’m not sure. These are some questions I’m pondering. What do you think?

1 Like

I asked the breeder and they claimed it was a pheno,… I asked if forcing harsh cold temps and or the maturing colors we see in fade at the end of flower… they said it was a phenotype. So we will see. I will be dropping the temps on them at night in flowering to test this,… otherwise I’m going to be going through a ton of plants to get that phenotype,… Then hopefully find out how to isolate said pheno. @Badger

5 Likes

This is gonna be awesome to learn with you. You could take clones and see how the cooler does without a color change. It’s all interesting stuff.

4 Likes

So you are saying if it’s a phenotype, it doesn’t need the temp change?

1 Like

Thats what I am thinking, I could be way off track but in the pic. The whole plant is vividly red, I would assume it grew up that way, since they said it was not forced for this color. I will get lucky.

2 Likes

Yeah, that picture was impressive for sure. I got a buddy that gave me some blackberry kush that he said has a purple pheno.

@Guitarzan What are your thoughts on this bro? Grant us some of your experience please.

1 Like

Yes please, need more heads on this

1 Like

Best bet is to flower out even the males to completion, not just collect pollen right when they open and toss the male. From what I’ve read, Many of those colors seem to develop well into flower. So if you find a male and female of that pheno, you’ll have better odds. Otherwise, self a female that has it and hunt through the S1, if you find multiple that show the pheno, then maybe dust them with pollen from these F1. then cross those separate lines F3(?) together If the trait is recessive.

5 Likes

It makes sense, although took me a few…very stoned

3 Likes

I’ve never done this, just been reading a lot lol.
But for traits like color at maturity, you’ll have to keep the males around till they are done blooming too. As those colors prob won’t show till mid-late flower. Also gives you a better idea on what that male has to offer in the flower structure and development, or bloom time. I’ve seen pics of male plants that had fat looking colas, but were all ball sacs :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:. Won’t see that if you ditched after collecting the first pollen drop.

3 Likes

Right on. Yes I agree, I don’t intend to ditch them when pollen drops…we will see, really appreciate the insight on this

3 Likes

Granted, if you have a female of the color you want, continuing it as a fem line will be the easiest if you don’t have a red male too. Self a Red female, find at least two red S1 (which I see as technically F2), then reverse one and have it pollenate others to make F3.

5 Likes

Sounds like the plan now, if the situation presents itself. Thank you for the knowledge @Seamonkey84

3 Likes

@TricomaGoldGenetics , is there a way to tell females from males based on structure, for say the large cabbage leaves are males and skinny leaves indicate females?

Here they are,… they are getting some cal mag. But other than that just water… growing good getting good structure in these plants.

10 Likes