Random beans for random dreams

So we have made a good mix of beans to start. Some known, some unknown. And here we go down the :rabbit2: :hole:

Tomorrow the popped one goes into the solo and the other we shall wait to see.

29 Likes

You have some nice beans. :wink:

3 Likes

Mystery seeds can be fun, if you have the room. Never know what ya might get!

1 Like

What medium should I use this time. Hmmmm.
Living soil
Coco
Hydro
Dig up some dirt and throw it in?
I want opinions lol!

1 Like

A

ITS ALIVE!!!:robot:

5 Likes

What works for me is my own variation of SubCool’s Super Soil, but that requires some previous preparation for cooking and you can’t do that now… So go with what is the most comfortable for you.
I’d suggest the potting soil with amendments of coir (15%), and worm compost (20%), perlite (15%) but really, whatever you are comfortable with that does not need to be “cooked in”.
I like 7 gal. smart pots but I need a lot of water!

This is a journey - it takes a few grows to dial it in, but when you do - that is when the magic happens!!

Cheers
G

5 Likes

Today the little one got footing and tried to cast its shell. Hopefully by tomorrow night…

1 Like

Uploading: AC8AE7DA-EC2F-4B35-8ADA-DBC42A252B3D.jpeg…

They seem to be growing along, so I figured I’d give them some friends!

5 Likes

On another not the older girls are looking good lately.

6 Likes

Pictures of the oldest doing growen up things.

5 Likes

@50State

4 Likes

4 Likes

9 Likes

So far the seedlings have taken root and are starting to open. The largest one has leafs that seem darker, wider, and point In different directions. The others seem to have a similar structure with narrow bright green leaves. The bright green ones have rather skinny stalks, though one seems to be larger in diameter that all others that have sprouted. I’ve used two different mediums. The one you see in the picture. And happy frog.

2 Likes

Uploading: 4AACABEE-7BE4-4C26-8737-83F29676342C.jpeg…

8 Likes

Nothing new to report except for lm1 and lm3 sprouting second nodes. There was a mishap with lm5 and the cup got knocked over. Lm4 has the same thing happen but only kinked. Filled soil above kink gonna see what happens. Should be good but never know. Lm5 now has two seeds in the soil instead. The U.F.S.S (Uncle Festers Super Skunk) has sprouted all 5 seeds I germinated. The Zookies X O.P.P are shooting up fast. The saga continues…
Last shot is of Kerosene Kool Aid, got just a few beans out the last batch for a little fun coming up.

5 Likes

Happy to know they are growing well for you. Super excited to watch what u can do with em

2 Likes

Obs slab of heads and the goodness that followed.

4 Likes

Ok so somebody convinced me to get Instagram and have been on that a little to much so back to the good stuff. Going to be starting a new job soon so may have a lapse but hopefully not. Here’s the progress so far. We have this batch as UFSS, Z X OPP, and LM.

7 Likes

I also want to state that until outdoors, I give little to them except water and attention. I believe we talk to the plants and that plants to us, and in turn they talk amongst them selves. So in this stage it is important to give attention when not able to communicate amongst themselves easily. For me until they are in the ground is what seems to make a difference. And what makes them still there when I return for them. Idk. Level 3 wizard shit I guess :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::rofl::joy::joy::joy::joy::sweat_smile:

4 Likes