Random stuff and thoughts

Greetings all! This going to be my place to post my stuff. Wether it’s seeds or plants I’m growing I’m feeling the need to dig in to OG a little more. So don’t be afraid to ask things or point out thing you notice. I love it here and look forward to being here for as long as possible. So A few pictures of a few males I’m going to collect pollen from. If you have any suggestions on how to collect pollen throw your tips in!! Blessings all and here’s to a beautiful future!

35 Likes

Can’t remember who suggested this one, but I thought it was a good idea. Cut that branch and set it on a piece of parchment to dry. The flowers will open up and pollen will fall on the parchment paper. Scrape it up with a razor blade and store it for later.

Alternatively, I’ve done this one, cut a slit in the parchment paper and slip it over the top of the pot. Gently tapping the male flowers will cause pollen to fall onto the parchment.

I’ve even plucked flowers with tweezers and put them in a small paper cup. I usually only do this when I plan to use it immediately to pollinate a female.

18 Likes

Ok @ReikoX First thank you for your response! So we definitely need parchment paper, I’m thinking along the same lines with cutting the branch then I was thinking use a screen from a window and shaking the branch over the parchment paper. How long should I be leaving the pollen exposed?

3 Likes

I usually give it two days to dry before storing it.

5 Likes

I think for the price and ease of headache I’m going with these?? Idk what you guys think?

6 Likes

For collecting pollen I just cut a few branches off the male and stick them in a glass of water in the bedroom closet so they droop over a sheet of tinfoil for the pollen to fall onto. Then I run it through my 180micron keif sieve into the collection pan and put the cleaned pollen into a vial. The open vial goes into a jar with colour changing drying crystals called Drierite for a few days before capping. Then it stays in the jar to make sure it stays dry.

A 23w, 2700K bulb on a timer set 12/12 is enough to finish them off. If they start getting droopy I snip a bit off the ends of the stems so they can pull in water easier.

:peace:

17 Likes

Thanks @LabRat I’m going to update soon as to what I’m going to do. I’ll also take pictures to share. I don’t have a micron screen. I have a old window screen that I cut into three parts so I can collect the pollen of the three different males. I’m also popping three more seeds to hopefully find a female to join us! Thanks again and Blessings!!!

1 Like

Some random things that I have acquired in the last couple of days. What are your thoughts on these genetics? Ask any questions that you may have. I’m also on Instagram @purpleairborne_g13hp some of you guys know that tho!!! Lol

6 Likes

What’s the last two can’t read em

1 Like

That is M.O.M and M.O.R.B.I.D.

@Jamescoldflame

2 Likes

Some more stuff. I have a problem :joy:. Thanks guys and ladies!!

6 Likes

I will show you some of my male action tonight when I get off.

Easy and clean way to collect pollen jus pluck off the super fat about to bust balls before they bust. Put em in a page or jar and they will dry out and leave all the pollen. No shaking or getting pollen all over the place my friend it’s super easy

3 Likes

Thanks for the idea. About to make my first cross. Lmao!! Well this might be my second breeding, does my kid count She’s a F1 hybrid, lmao !!

Well I have collected some and will collect from the second male tonight!

10 Likes

I think your set pollen wise :wink:

3 Likes

Here is something I didn’t post. Mr. Soul sent me these. And put his signature on them how cool is that!

15 Likes

What is everyone’s favorite indoor organic soil mix? What is you mineral regime look like? I want to have really top quality. So I have to grow it organically. Share the details please!!!

3 Likes

I pretty much run no-till in a Coots mix with added biochar and malted barley powder. My mineral mix is equal parts oyster shell flour, gypsum, basalt, and glacial rock dust.

I’ve done simple recipies with blood, bone, kelp, and dolomite with good luck too. :+1::seedling:

4 Likes

I’m using this lights, they are boss couldn’t be happier. Hope they didn’t get coronavirus :grimacing:

2 Likes