Raspberry Pi Wifi enabled 4-way power box

LOL!!! Sorry, this misunderstanding is probably my fault, but it is kind of funny. :smiley:

The point you are missing is that the main person to ask in that thread is me. I started that thread. It my personal HPA grow thread, so I am pretty sure I already know exactly what I would tell myself when I ask the question :wink:

But, as it happens, I DID ask this same question in my thread and I got some answers that did help, so thanks for the suggestion, and special thanks again to @MicroDoser :smiley:

Im laughing party because it occurs to me that it is much better to be told to ‘go ask yourself’ than it is to be told to ‘go F#$@ yourself’ :smiley: :smiley:

Yup. Gotta love OG Its my favorite forum by far :slight_smile:

Seriously - thanks for the help guys!! This is not the best option for my HPA problem, but I will be doing this - or maybe an arduino option - to replace my Sonoffs and get me and my data out of china and off the cloud.

4 Likes

Just picked up a raspberry pi 4 with a gift card I got from the in laws. Going to give this a run with no coding experience. What can go wrong here?

4 Likes

You don’t need to code anything, just follow directions to load up the operating system on an SD card and then install node-red. From there, it’s mostly dragging and dropping widgets from the web interface and doing configuration.

3 Likes

Thanks lefty, will be diving into this shortly

1 Like

Nice info.

My only question, with UPS/battery backups being readily available these days at a fairly decent price, why not provide UPS support to specific growing devices to prevent catastrophic failure of a grow?

1 Like

Any suggestions on a humidity sensor? End game to run keep a small ‘greenhouse’ at high humidity

2 Likes

I’ve seen some pretty cool videos using the DHT11. People adding temperature/humidity dials. You can find some videos on YouTube that show how to set it up.

3 Likes

@lefthandseeds, while playing around on the dubya dubya, found this little project for you when bored with nothing to do using Arduino