Ready to harvest? Post your pics and get advice 🌸

Welcome to overgrow @mare73

6 Likes

That’s a good looking plant :thumbsup:

6 Likes

I don’t have a steady hand to be able to take pictures thru magnifying lenses but I found I have a zoom on my phone. It’s not the best solution but you can actually see the trichomes.

9 Likes

now you need to ake a pic in some natural light…

7 Likes

Not only do I look for cloudy/amber, but I also watch when the trichomes appear to be falling over (from the weight of the medicine inside). Then for me…it’s time!

8 Likes

you’re right…learning new stuff every day ah ah ah :tiger2:

7 Likes

If you think they are ready, wait a week. :+1::seedling:

11 Likes

Yeah, exactly that thought went thru my mind the moment I chopped my first plant. I guess this is the most common mistake with impatient newbie growers. Anyway what is done is done. During the trimming I noticed calyxes growing under some of the buds with brown red hair coming out. Is this a sign of getting close to an end?

9 Likes

I’m feeling they were taking a little early as I can still make out a fair few clear trichomes. You will still get the desired results but if they had been giving a little longer they would be a lot more potent and your yield would have been slightly more. Patience is the key with growing cannabis. DON’T rely on breeder stated time frames. Invest in a loop or cheap laptop microscope as the only true way to judge harvest is via the trichomes. Mainly cloudy with around 10-20% amber is what I look for.
As a rule if you think they are ready give them an extra week just to be sure :+1::v:

14 Likes

Even as a veteran grower, I constantly tell this to myself. It’s my rule of thumb. :+1::seedling:

7 Likes

The other thing I would say is that is almost impossible to let it go too long.

7 Likes

My other thought is that under LEDs you wont see a drastic amber change because of the decrease in infrared. Just a theory, but it explains what I’m finding on my first led run.

5 Likes

Cheesequake at 6(!) weeks… all trichomes milky on the top 12" of the plant. Can this really be? The plant itself showing no signs of senescence though… I do intent to run it the full 8, unless there is no point, in which case the cuvee will get to spread out.

Can they really be this far along in week 6??? Never seen it before. Usually a bunch of new pistils still and generally more signs of growth

7 Likes

Hold tight for some amber but damn she looks nice

5 Likes

It’s definitely on its way! She’s a quick one.

2 Likes

Decided to check out my next plant that’s closing in on a harvest and seeing some ambers already, and she’s at 80days (WW autoflower). This is my 3rd harvest and thinking of giving her till the end of the week.

I do still have some white pistols, but guess the trichs never lie!

Am I actually right…good to go?

10 Likes

I would say you are in the preference zone. Any day now would be good. :+1::seedling:

9 Likes

I agree…

mmmmmm good stuff

5 Likes

Oh man…can’t wait to try this one out! Thanks! Trim jail awaits, need to get a drying tent now. yikes

5 Likes

Just hang that shit somewhere out of direct light… I just hang from line in the office and keep it dark in there while it’s hanging

2 Likes