Ready to harvest? Post your pics and get advice šŸŒø

Itā€™s all good. I just ordered another tent, as my previous tent was turned into a my veg tent.

Gonna let her dry out for a few days, and get ready for my sentenceā€¦not looking forward to it lol

4 Likes

Perkins cut thinking another couple weeks

8 Likes

Yeah tons of long white straight pistils

Is it the light or they being stripped already?

1 Like

Personally id feed at least 2weeks then ride a good flush if in soil

3 Likes

If you want to get high take her now. If you prefer to be stoned give her an extra week :+1:

2 Likes

Ready to harvest now, how long should I leave them in the dark before chop chop? Iā€™ve heard both 24 hrs and 48 hrs, any real difference?

2 Likes

Iā€™ve noticed no difference between 12 and 48 hours of darkness. I did notice a difference between cutting during lights on vs lights off. I always chop at the end of the dark cycle.

5 Likes

lower bud furthest away from the lights
Iā€™m sry I still havnt got a microscope, but Iā€™m still utterly lost in regards to what to look for :confused:

//
BB

5 Likes

Drying question here. I harvested last Friday and hung the plants to dry. We had a mini heat wave and the dry tent was 75 deg and higher to 85 during the day and the humidity was low running 40-45% for the first 3 days. The temps are better now running 65-75 deg and I got the humidity up to 52%. The outside of the buds are feeling crispy dry but the stems are still bending and not breaking. Is this normal? Itā€™s only my second time doing this so I am a complete newby at this part of the process. I just trimmed one stem as a test and the larger sugar leaves felt flexible but the short ones on the bud were dry. I put the buds in a jar with a humidity meter (ones used for reptiles) to see where the humidity settles. Any other input from the more experienced on how to tell when itā€™s time to trim and jar for the curing step? Pic is from harvest day.

6 Likes

Just to be completely sure:
Is it all those little white ā€œsugar ballsā€ on the leaves I have to look for, to change colour to amber ?

6 Likes

Leaves donā€™t matter you donā€™t smoke them, itā€™s the trichromes on the buds you need to check.
You are wanting them to change from clear to milky, then milky to amber, so long as they are mostly milky and some amber you are good to chop.

Doesnā€™t hurt to let them go a bit longer for bigger buds either.

3 Likes

I look for small stems snapping. Like the tiny ones that hold on leaves or small side buds. When they snap or are close to Iā€™ll final trim then start slow sweating out the rest by sealing and breathing them over a few days.

Usually at that stage I trim and put the nugs into a foil baking pan (closed with lid) for a dayish then open it for a couple hours, repeat until satisfied. The ā€˜roll a Jā€™ test never lies too. Youā€™d be surprised how wet they can feel but roll and burn great. I store longer term so I go past that point to avoid mould etc but that seems to be the sweet spot.

5 Likes

So this is what to look for right ?
when those milky drops gets amber :slight_smile:

8 Likes

You want around 15 - 20% amber and remaining trichomes to be mainly cloudy unless you want to get stoned rather than high let them amber up to 40-50% :v:

4 Likes

Correct.

They are looking pretty good, you could chop it now for more of a head high or leave it longer for some amber and get more couch lock effect, they will continue to change to amber as they dry and cure.

5 Likes

The test trim ended up settling at just under 60% humidity after being jarred over night. I long store my store bought bud using 62% Boveda pacā€™s so 60% should be perfect for the cure. As to when to harvest, I waited until I saw some amber trichā€™s on the buds before cutting. The comment about amber increasing after harvest is true, at least in my limited experience. My first grow was harvested too early and gave a major head high, really too much for me, but mellowed after a year in the jar and became much nicer to smoke. It was a Sativa dominant strain to start with so would have been a head rush anyway

4 Likes

Iā€™ve got this beauty,Iā€™m thinking that I may take her down early tomorrow,it was raining today on and off, looks like the weather might clear up over night
Low Ryder x Ulta Violet, from @ReikoX

I shook as much water off of her that I could, would appreciate any feedback thank you and Overgrow On! yeah

6 Likes

Same LRxUV2 !

A couple close ups from earlier today

7 Likes

I think you have a little longer to wait, looking about 50/50 clear to milky from what I can see. Give it another week and check again.

4 Likes

Yes my brother! Thank you so much! I will wait for at least one week!I am so tired of harvesting early,and no lift! Very grateful!

1 Like