Ready to harvest? Post your pics and get advice šŸŒø

Dang dude you want to look at microbes or something? lol I have a 30x jeweler loup gets the job done! I have an omax microscope for the the bacteria and creepy crawlys in my soil!

2 Likes

Ha ha they are adjustable from 50x to 1000x. I ended up buying a 500x one. It cost me Ā£8.95 and Ā£1 for a otg cable so it can be used with android. I should be able to get some good macro shots of the thrichomes with it

2 Likes

Arrived today

Trichome shot.

13 Likes

Hey allā€¦ I need another opinionā€¦ I donā€™t have a loupe or a good cam so Iā€™m unsure if this is readyā€¦ What do you guys think?

3 Likes

What about pictures of the whole plant? WeĀ“ll hear from some others, but these pics look too green for me.

Sorry I donā€™t have full plant picsā€¦ I will here in about 7 hours when I get homeā€¦ All the hairs are red and the caylex are all swollenā€¦

2 Likes

No hurries. IĀ“m probably a proponent of late harvesting, so more pics might help to hear from others.

1 Like

I enjoy couch lock but Iā€™m more looking for the uplifting aspects from this girlā€¦ The trichs looks milky but I csnt tell for sure if itā€™s just the sun and bad camera and theyā€™re actually clearā€¦

2 Likes

Hereā€™s the whole plant pic you wantedā€¦ This is auto from @ReikoXā€¦ It hasnā€™t stacked anything new in over a week, the swell stopped about 5 days ago or soā€¦ I know the only true way to know is with a scope so Im just trying to grt a consensus

Another just for funā€¦

5 Likes

I say,
When in doubt, leave it.

3 Likes

IMO if she ainā€™t stackin then sheā€™s slackin, try using your phone to zoom in as far as you can that might help a little bit! A good two days total darkness before harvest helps trichome production from what I hear. Itā€™s like the plants last effort to protect itself and produce is used up in those 2 days dark but, never actually tried it so Iā€™m not sure!

Well, I took two lowers that will equate to maybe 4 tokes a few days ago that Iā€™m waiting to dry just to get an idea where I standā€¦

As far as the dark period thing goes @Artisan I donā€™t know how much Iā€™d buy into that. IMO I think giving the plant two more days of light would be a better choice as opposed to just putting it in this odd state it never would normally experience.

This plant had its fair share of neglect so Iā€™m not expecting it to fatten up or stack more budsā€¦ Itā€™s roughly 60 days since itā€™s popped, Iā€™d have to ask rekiox but I believe its parents were 50-60 days from seed.

3 Likes

Yeah like I said Iā€™ve only heard (or read on forums more or less) but, never tried it. I donā€™t really believe in a lot of the wives tales and stuff. I have also heard that back in the day growers would hang plants upside down because they thought the thc would come out of the stems and drain into the buds which is obviously crazy but, Iā€™m sure it seemed logical to them before there was science behind our highness lol

2 Likes

Did you harvest? When I truly have doubts I harvest the top half of the plant, give the lowers some extra days and compare after cure to try and find the ā€œsweet spotā€ for the pheno in question.

2 Likes

I took some testers. Theyā€™re in the attic. Should be dried today. I gave a bud to a friend and she happen to have a loupe on the way that she had ordered. It came today, she said theyā€™re mostly milky and a couple clear and a couple amber. So Iā€™m gonna cut it today when I get home.

2 Likes

Give it longer so it glues you to the sofa :rofl:

1 Like

If ya want the uplifting effects take early if not let her go awhile longer but again you probably already know that just depends on how ya like the effectsā€¦ still looks young IMO

1 Like

2 Likes

Seems like there is, from what I have been reading, some debate about Darkness before harvest. Iā€™m about 2 week out from harvest of my Hash plant. I was going to shut off lighting for the last 2 days, which I didnā€™t do for the previous (though that was a CF so not a good barometer) but now I donā€™t know. What does everyone think?

Try it with the top of the plant chopped as normal and leave the rest in darkness for the two days and see if any difference.?!
Get a magnifying device and youā€™ll know when to take them @WMoon518ā€¦
Good luck bud,
Gaz

1 Like