Ready to harvest? Post your pics and get advice 🌸

Gaz,
Do you mean harvest the top and THEN let the rest sit in dark for two days?

@WMoon518 bud ,i mean ‘when’ YOU think it’s finished then take the top and stick the rest in darkness, and you might see the difference you seek … or take the top and let the bottom buds get some light instead of the darkness thing, you’ll probably do better… ( jmo )…
Happy growing mate,
Gaz

You know, that doesn’y sound like a bad idea. I noticed today the top was getting dark but much of the lower parts were still white. I may do that. Thanks.

You will get phatter/riper lower n middle buds once you remove the top Cola, leave them for up to another week and your cola will be dry and ready for testing etc…
I HAVE tried the 2/3 days of darkness after harvesting but I never noticed any difference…
Anyway I hope you get the best you can from this one :point_up:…
Happy growing bud
Gaz

1 Like

This is my first grow and I believe they are possibly close to harvesting? They are 4 1/2 and 5 months old. Do they look like they are ready to harvest? Tell me what you think when you look at the pics. I need some knowledge. Wish they were as easy to tell as mushrooms, lol.

Plant1

Plant2

Plant3

Plant4 The only Sativa , this one has the darkest Pistils and has only been flowering for maybe a month???

5 Likes

You really shouldn’t use the pistils as a indicator for harvest time. You need to check the trichomes. If you have a good camera on your phone take a close up picture and enlarge it until your able to see them as clearly as possible OR invest in a cheap jewellers loup and use that.

6 Likes

Beautiful pink pistils. Usually when I read pistils, I look for them to receed, not change color. At the very end, they will begin to receed as the cylax swell. So based on that I would guess these wont be ready until October sometime, weather permitting.

Like @Esrgood4u said, a jewelers loop is another good way to tell. Look for milky to amber color trichome heads. Avoid clear heads.

2 Likes

I’ll second what @Esrgood4u said. Without checking the trichomes it’s a guessing game. Get a 60x loupe off amazon for like 6-10$ you won’t regret it. Plus, I love looking at the plants with it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Well, either way, we have a post for this and I am moving this thread.

Ready?

Thanks for posting.

99%

2 Likes

Thanks guy’s , I have a loupe on the way. 99er I will definetly read the post you linked and educate myself a bit more.

I will give nuts for two more weeks and go to a flush after that

2 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Mushrooms - DIY, spores, etc :mushroom:

What does the hive mind say?

All tricks milky. Very milky.

Up closer

10 Likes

Stick a fork in her, shes done.

7 Likes

not sure what type of planet she is she is a month into budding

2 Likes

@gordongecko screwed up a merge as post was not showing, my bad

1 Like

Well, I would say plant 1 is close, but needs another week or two, plants 2 and 3, I would guess have another 3 weeks or so, finally the sativa may not finish before frost gets her…

I would invest in a jewelers loop and start looking at trichomes.

1 Like

This is a Flash Seeds Panama Lime super auto. Lineage is Panama, Mango Biche, and ruderalis. 0% indica. What does everyone think?

7 Likes

a month or more… still alot of white pistils popping out.

you want them to pull back into the bud before its ready

1 Like

Thanks, I’m trying to convince myself she is ready, but that just isn’t true I guess :joy:

That is the second round of pistils, and the calyxes have been swelling more everyday, so hopefully not another month. That would drive me crazy!

2 Likes

if it’s second round of pistils she should still have 2 to 3 weeks… if shes outside she may not finish completely so you’ll have to take her before it gets too cold… but wait until you absolutely have to before you cut…

and a rule to train yourself on:
“if you think she’s ready, give it another week” lol

3 Likes