Ready to harvest? Post your pics and get advice šŸŒø

If you harvest this plant today, as @Muleskinner says, the product will be fairly similar to the same plant 7 days from now.

Itā€™s on the fence and its up to you.

4 Likes

Going to cut it tomorrow- I need space in there anyway for the 4 can of hammer clones upstairs because i m ready to switch to LED at this point

That plant is BEAST man. Itā€™s the only one aside from a GSC cross that even took root and EVERY clip took in straight soil and water with diluted peroxide. So vigorous ā€¦ those are legit buds for 100% CFL and they still have some time to grow:

Again though i dont like the brown tips.

I canā€™t wait to start doing F runs. I knowā€¦getting ahead of myself.

6 Likes

the dead tips are unsightly but you donā€™t need to remove them, itā€™s a normal part of late-stage flowering herb. when the necrosis (death) reaches the inside of the buds thatā€™s when mold happens.

yes, congrats, very impressive fluoro bulbs harvest! looking extremely frosty & plump buds.

9 Likes

Solstrips coming up.! Very happy with it as my hope was to grow enough to make a few batches of cannabutter to help ween myself off of 6mg of daily clonazepamā€¦long story but looking like Iā€™ll be fine :slight_smile:
(wasnā€™t even planning to grow anything smokable off of CFL)

and now i know what i want to do professionally. haha. love this.

Thanks again for the help

2 Likes

from what Iā€™ve read you want to take it SLOW on stepping down that stuff. Your brain has to get used to going off it in steps or bad stuff happens! I went through the same process but my dose was very small and I was only on it for about 6 months. Good luck to you!

5 Likes

For sure- Iā€™m down to .75mg per day after 8 years of 6mg daily. itā€™s been a ride

And my appreciation for cannabis has gone exponential.

8 Likes

cannabis is really good for withdrawal symptoms of anything else, that is a big achievement to make it from 6mg to .75, I think I never took more than 1 mg/day and it took months to get off it.

5 Likes

Does bud look ready to harvest?

6 Likes

7 Likes

Looks like they need another week or two. Still lots of white pistils. How many days into flowering are they? Have you checked the trichomes with a scope? Are any amber? Trics are the best way to determine when to harvest. 70-90% brown pistils and no clear trics = harvest time.

5 Likes

I see a lot of shiny trichomes.

How many weeks into flower, what plant are we looking at.

Damn @Yooper63, you must practice.

1 Like

I think it needs more frost! Another week or so BUD! Lol

2 Likes

My vision is failing from looking through the scope for 2 weeks. Iā€™m in a similar situationā€¦ 90% brown Pistils, but 10% clear trics (still no amber). The Strawberries will live another week.

4 Likes

What ratio do you guys harvest? I havenā€™t got it nailed down yet. Iā€™ve been just waiting til I see several amber trichs. Am I waiting to long? Should I wait harvest when when all trichs are cloudy?

2 Likes

Some like it rare, some like it well done.

Early harvest sometimes will lead to a slightly racey type of buzz in some strains, but that is far from guaranteed. In my grows cut short, after about 6 weeks, you have something you can call herb. But prefer??? get em golden.

8 Likes

ding ding ding. i say chop some & save some & see what you think.

then for a final 3rd test, blend early & late & tell us! :slight_smile:
:evergreen_tree:

6 Likes

me too with my bodhi treeā€¦ but i only have 17 days until submission deadlines for a local canna cup so idk i may just chop em without amberā€¦ 7-10 day dry and 7-10 day cure and hope sheā€™s goodā€¦ but i think theyā€™re also still swelling so i may just say fuck it and let em go

5 Likes

I would take her for a couple more weeks.

Just keep in mind too that every time you squeeze the buds it will break off the trichomes.

1 Like

I rarely look at trichomes. I watch for signs of senescence, then wait for the cylax to swell and pistils to reced. I like to let the plant almost die on the vine. Personal preference.

22 Likes

maybe try a partial chop & a final chop & compare & even blend the 2ā€¦(i suggā€™d that somewhere else on OG yesterday i think) ???

iā€™m wondering if the local judging preference is for couchlock or crazytown?

if itā€™s a psychosis high everyone will notice! hehe

:evergreen_tree:

2 Likes