Ready to harvest? Post your pics and get advice 🌸

Calyx swell. Pistils browning and receding and 20% amber trichomes are what I look for. My leaves rarely brown and die off even after flushing for 2 weeks. Usually I grow in soil so I expect the soil is holding some nitrogen and keeping the leaves going.

2 Likes

What size magnification loupe do y’all recommended? i.e.30x? 60x?

1 Like

I have a 60x one but to be honest they are a nightmare to focus. I’ve been looking at microscopes that connect to android phones and will be ordering one soon. They go up to 1000x and really cheap on fleabay and Amazon.

6 Likes

I just ordered this one. Hope it’s good. Thanks for the info @Esrgood4u

6 Likes

Should definitely get the job done

2 Likes

One thing I’ve noticed (as a new grower just finishing my second grow and deciding when to harvest right now) is that the calyxes (seed pouch things) will start to overtake the leaves and “bud out” so to speak. that one looks like it still could use time to me but listen to the others here, im new as i said. I dont have a magnifying glass strong enough so im paying attention to visual cues big time and new calyx keep popping new white hairs every other day or so… trichome color is the ultimate tool for sure however.

I think ill post some pics tomorrow to get people’s opinion

1 Like

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B0788MSCWM/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1527229730&sr=8-1-spons&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=android+microscope&psc=1
That’s the one I’m ordering.

2 Likes

best focus i could get
This is the first time ive harvested what i consider to be real buds… 9.8 weeks.plant is still relatively green and still new white hairs daily:

25 Likes

Can anyone give me input on the above post? Lot of traffic these days sorry to bump!

just first reaction how much time do you think left? 2 weeks-ish?

The reason i ask is because i thought 10 weeks was about time (didnt even keep track my first grow last time)… this one and 2 others seem like they could go another couple weeks and just wanted to see what people’s gut reaction was

@99PerCent @ReikoX @ryasco

2 Likes

IMO, You are in the harvest zone, but I don’t see amber glands yet when I zoom-in. I would say it’s only going to get stronger in the next 10 days or so and probably swell a bit more too, if you can delay harvest.
Nice buds! :+1:

8 Likes

I agree with @Scissor-Hanz without a loop, I would guess shes within a week or so.

5 Likes

Yeah, a little LITFA and maybe some water.

These are almost done and looking fine.

5 Likes

Looks like a week to me. Beautiful girls!

4 Likes

10 / 14 days would probably be better (imo)., they will only put more weight on and if you can get yourself a jewellers loupe or microscope :microscope: ( x 30/90 ) , you’ll be able to look at your trichs’ colours etc…
Good looking nugs there @spillz907, upwards and onwards eh…!
Have a good one :point_up: mate ,
Gaz

Edit
After another look :eyes:there, a week to ten days should be good :+1: .

2 Likes

Thanks guys… Wont have a scope until next grow so im leaning on OG (but i feel like i can see the cloudiness with my naked eye so maybe i’l l be able to see it with my 10x):

Two more im unsure about… this is all the same one… will post the other in a week or so:

14 Likes

Almost there!

Ninety Nine

2 Likes

I am SO stoked by the effect simply buying some organic bloom stuff / molasses … this stuff may not be the best yeild but damn is it starting to look really good. I only had that one first plant that actually took a health nose-dive - the others are probably all going to produce very nice stuff (had really good genetics).

2 Likes

They look like quality product. They also look dense and will take 10-14 days to fully hang dry, I would guess.

Get the next seeds started dude.

3 Likes

I still have a round of clones to flower out (cloned every plant except the first one that was unhealthy- none of the clips rooted- cloned that biggest one three times - so another 7 plants that are ready to put into flower under LED on another floor of the house)

Once that is done im moving and then doing the grow area remodel…Then i will pop and LABEL :slight_smile:

really appreciate all the help and feedback man.

3 Likes

You are growing fine.

Another upstanding citizen in the Overgrow world.

3 Likes