Recommendations for good films to smoke and watch

Psychedelic classic…

10 Likes

The full movie is here, with english subtitles lol
If you like heavy, historical, and well-done, this is it. Before Russian film turned Hollywood, but after USSR fell apart. A lot of things had to go right for this to happen

6 Likes

Copyright blocked in US. :unamused:

:evergreen_tree:

1 Like

Sons of bitches. “Burnt By The Sun” by Mikhalkov. Sony pictures I think. 1994.

1 Like

My Dinner With Andre

5 Likes

I found this online in Russian… didn’t find one that worked with English subtitles.
Great movie.!!! NOTE: The little girl is his real-life daughter…

2 Likes

Weeds (TV Series 2005–2012)

6 Likes

you could try Opera Browser’s built in VPN to bypass the GeoLock…

3 Likes

Yes! That guy was a hella talented actor and director, and his daughter I think is in the industry now too. Говоришь по русски?

1 Like

Can’t figure out how to link things here.
City of god and life of Brian

2 Likes

Go to YouTube or wherever you are looking. Copy the link. (I have to hit the share button on my phone which gives me options to copy link/send via WhatsApp etc etc) then when I’m typing here I hold my thumb on the text box for a couple seconds till it says paste. That’s it for a link. On a PC I’d imagine ctrl&C for copy and ctrl&V for paste will work just grand

I’ll try it. You probably won’t like city of god it’s in Portuguese with English subtitles https://youtu.be/ir_HM0y3vX0 no subtitles though it’s on Netflix though

1 Like

Lmao. If you’re referencing my reply to @diggysoze I was taking the piss :rofl: moreso because of what he linked to. I’m still gonna watch it.

I’ve watched banlieue (district) 13 In French maybe 30x in my life lol.

1 Like

Нет, я не говорю по-русски …
но фильм все равно был хорош для просмотра - без диалога!
Yup, his daughter is an actress now. Very pretty.
I’m going to watch for this with English subtitles and watch it again.

2 Likes

yup definitely a good one

you didn’t mention it, but the sequel is pretty good as well

and then the english remake is not bad, but not as good as the original

4 Likes

Thank you for the recommendation, Calonoscopy. Northern Soul was a great movie. However, I much prefer the sequels, Northern Soul #2 and Northern Soul #5.

Whiplash, Birdman, and The Black Swan are intensely cinematic modern masterpieces.

Lost in Translation and Punch Drunk Love are quirky memorable romantic comedies.

Drive and Baby Driver are hopefully enthralling and both have the word drive in the title.

Godzilla: King of the Monsters is the only Godzilla movie you need to see.

The Dead Don’t Die and The Art of Self Defense are two recent additions to the wonderful world of grim and gorey comedy. For extended satirical martial arts viewing, The Foot Fist Way is sure to work your abs. Meanwhile, Bill Murray reprises another zombie film role in the sequel to Zombieland: Double Tap. Unordinary zomb-coms on par with Warm Bodies and Life After Beth.

The Polka King and Bernie are a couple of biographical, darkly dry crime comedies oddly both starring Jack Black and the same weirdly unsettling ethos. I, Tonya is also recommended.

Isle of Dogs and Fantastic Mr. Fox are modern stop-motion masterpieces. For more of the gloriously romanticized storytelling of Wes Anderson, The Royal Tenenbaums, The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou, The Darjeeling Limited, Moonrise Kingdom, and The Grand Budapest Hotel are all sure to sweep you away.

God Bless America and Sightseers are both dark tales of travel and murder.

Extract, Butter, Bad Words, Better Living Through Chemistry, and Masterminds a handful of under-the-radar comedies.

3 Likes

This classic has always made me laugh… not really a film per se, but always good “to smoke and watch”…

Peace
DaFozz

p.s. re-watching now for the nth time…lol

11 Likes

6 Likes

City of God was so good I paid blockbuster for it then proceeded to wear it out.

2 Likes

I’m 2 minutes in and I must ask do y’all really drink out of the 2 liter bottles like that I guess that is if they still have a soda that big over there I’ve heard the UK don’t play with getting diabetes anymore

2 Likes