Redribbons outdoor breeding bash maybe

I got some jilly lime (chernobyl Golden ticket cut x jilly bean) regs that will hopefully pollinate some apple fritter x purple punch and forbiden fruit x purple punch fems

7 Likes

2 Likes

I dint spread out the plants cus these quantum boards are not very big

forgot to water the plants for a day or two so they Got deficiencies spots they will bounce back

1 Like

i think this is as big as their gonna get under this 100watt light I plan on putting thm outside in a week or two even though it’s in the 40s

2 Likes

Looking healthy :sunglasses:

I’m seeing several folks talking about putting plants out in April. Everything I’ve read (until paying attention the start of this season), seemed to indicate waiting until about May to go outside to avoid going to flower with the short photoperiod.

There was some other info I found that indicated that as long as the day period is incrementally getting longer, there’s nothing to worry about.

What lattitude are you at? What’s your veg light cycle?

1 Like

alwaysveg with the timer set close to or as close to mimic dsytime of planting time

1 Like

I did this last year with the same on/off time as my planned day of planting (second weekend of May).

So it’s a non-issue planting with less than 14 hours? Or are you sufficiently north to already have that? Obviously, the farther north you are, the earlier you want to be planting. I guess I just didn’t really think about it for other latitudes.

I based my planting time on that figure (for me at 34N it’s early May).

Thanks, just trying to understand how other folks determine this and why I’m seeing so many people planting in April. Although, I’ve partially answered my own question.

So at 50N it’s above 14h anytime after mid-April.

I guess the “problem” cases are probably places temperate enough they could plant in January and just enter flower immediately. Which is kinda non-sensical to most of us and our climates.

So perhaps this rule really is meant just for those edge cases, and most places it’s pretty much fine as long as it’s warm enough

Apologies, not intending to derail your thread

im around the 47north i plant mid june

1 Like

Just depends on where they are at, I started plants last year at spring solstice and they all stayed in veg till the end, doesn’t always matter how long the days are, just the plant noticing they are getting longer by a min or two on it’s way to sexual maturity

3 Likes

I’m in michigan so as far north as north gets lol

1 Like

The countdown has begun last day indoors the plants on the right grew a few inches middle plants dint do nothing while the plant on the left is bulking up the stalk

1 Like