Referencing a breeder on strainly

Maybe it’s just me but I have a problem with someone claiming to have made and is selling let’s hypothetically say “Fog Dog” and doesn’t at the very least reference the fact that it’s Atlas seeds who made auto fog dog.

I asked the “breeder” if he realized he didn’t in fact make fog dog and that the genetics he claims are in the said plant are in fact NOT in the plant!! His response, “I got them from Mike on strainly Mr Nosey.”

Shouldn’t the person who created it at least be referenced?

5 Likes

Marks fog dog and atlas’ fog dog are two different strains by different breeders but unfortunately share the same name.
This is bound to happen with so many breeders and crosses.
Last year I changed the name of one of my strains because I found out there was another using that name before me, I changed it to avoid this kind of confusion.

6 Likes

Ohhhh ok, I owe him an apology! Thank you

5 Likes

After understanding more I realized how difficult it must be to name a creation when the name has probably been taken. Random name generators will be needed if not used already

1 Like

Mark at Strainly was the source for the Fog Dog auto fems that Corey passed around here at OG. Mark said it was Fruit of the Gods x Chemdogging. There is a good thread here on these if your unfamiliar…

I just chopped two down yesterday at day 93. In my experience there are a few duds, and a few very nice plants from those beans. Stretchy and hollow stems making these fragile… my son broke one in half, i broke the main on another in two places. I ended up slipping Tomato cages over them for support.

This is nice smoke however, i have 6 more beans. I’d like to S1 these at some point.

8 Likes

They look beautiful, I wasn’t really impressed with Atlas fog dog, I will be buying some shortly and giving them a try later in the winter. Thank you for helping clear up my confusion, I did apologize to the seller and will be picking up a few things he has.

2 Likes

Curious about what you thought on atlas fogdog? Did you run them inside or outside.
I just ran them outside

1 Like

I grew them inside over the winter. Mind you I only had a couple seeds so my opinion my not be a good representation of their fog dog. Structure is beautiful, smell very nice, bag appeal pretty good, taste and potency average to maybe above average. I’m sure if I had more seeds and time to run I could have found a few that would have been better.

The pic with a few plants, the fog dog is in the back right.

5 Likes

Mark’s fogdog is straight sour apple tasting fire and unrelated to the atlas seeds one which I’ve not really heard anything positive about.

4 Likes

I’m definitely ordering some from straightjacket; not sure who he or she is but they were very cool and I def apologized.

1 Like

I grew a bunch of atlas fogdog outside this year. The potency is good, flavor is good, phenos we’re all over the place. Purple plants indica structure with an energetic high to very sativa structure with a more couch type high.
The smell for me was mild. I really had to mangle them for odor, but I may be nose blind.
After harvest is over I’m going to do a review of my experience with atlas

4 Likes

I’m looking forward to seeing it!

1 Like

Heads up, they will forget to send the tracking info😂 but I got mine pretty quickly (like 4 or 5 days after ordering) sent a 10 pack of “black voodo og” freebies too. Some kind of skunk cross to the best of my knowledge