Refrigerating cuts before you clone them

years ago an galaxy far away. when i was partnered up kinda with subcool i was putting cuttings in the refrigerator to save them so i could use them as needed. he about crapped his pants when he saw me do that. lmfao.

nobody else i knew was doing this. long story short i found two advantages in doing this.

1. i was able to save and get a 90% root rate of 60 cuttings in the fridge for almost 6 months. the refrig was clean. i did not water log the cuts. i lightly misted the bag. i also rehydrated the cuts ever 2-3 weeks.

when i was busted the cops never thought to look for cuts in the refrig when i got ouf of jail i had over 400 cuts from 37 strains sitting for my return. imo using the refrig is a great way to keep back ups to moms.

1. i received 5 genius cuts in the mail. i put them in the re fridge for 3 days. before i soaked them in kln for 15 minutes and put them in rock wool. within 6 days all 5 had so many roots they were growing up out of the rockwool.and out of the bottoms and sides.

ot1 an i talked about this years ago and we both believe that refrigerating cuts like refrigerating new seeds causes hormonal changes in the seeds / cuts…that MIMIC what they would see if they went through a winter cycle into spring…

i am getting ready to try a 2nd set of cuts that have been in the fridge a week to see if i get the same results again using the same technique.

ill post in this tread to let you guys and girls know how it worked out.

ps im not sure why no 2 is not showing up. it keep posting as a no 1. maybe i AM REALLY AM NUMBER ! heh

6 Likes

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Conserving clones in stasis :hourglass_flowing_sand: