Finished up the exhaust this weekend. Last time we worked on it, we missed the hanger for the piece from the header to the catalytic converter. So we took it off and hit the hanger. Then we noticed this was rubbing on the cross member that holds up the transmission. We did some banging, but that didn't give us enough clearance.
So we did a bit of grinding, which helped. And finally we ended up putting a spacer between the hanger and the support. This pushed it up enough to keep clear the cross member.
Next we fit the catalytic converter, muffler and tailpipe. The tailpipe was giving us some trouble fitting, so we had to remove the shock and the tire.
Once we got it where we wanted it, we began to weld it together.
After all this work, we were ready for a break.
We weren't too pleased with the way the tailpipe was getting in the way of the leaf spring shackles. So, we cut off the tailpipe so we could reposition it.
We cut out the bend and made it a bit shorter. Once we got it all fit and ready we welded up the new tail pipe.
Finally, we got it Fit and installed, ready to weld!