ReikoX's Workshop 2021

Yeahmen, Blessed are the seedmakers…

1 Like

You’ll still be around here, growing, tho, right?

3 Likes

I’m not going anywhere @BigMike55. I’ll still be growing and giving away seeds, I just won’t be doing it weekly or by calling dibs.

20 Likes

Had me worried brother. Always enjoyed the time I devote to your thread.

2 Likes

:triangular_ruler:
:pencil2:
:thinking:
:boom:

So @ReikoX is there any magic robot from your planet that will produce a set of blueprints for an existing structure? Like, as in, the unpermitted house I’m buying? :sweat_smile:

I figure you know about lasers & stuff & can probably make something if there isn’t. :laughing: :blush:

:evergreen_tree: weed?

5 Likes

When I rebuild my workshop I used sketchup to model everything. I used a tape measure and pencil to get my measurements.

Of course I still had issues where I assumed walls were square or I mismeasueed the doorway once I did it in real life.

15 Likes

I don’t do it now because I’m retired and don’t have the super expensive software. But for the pat 25 years, I have used various mechanical engineering programs for a living.
Like AutoCad, MicroStation and for at least the past 10 years using SolidWorks 3D Solid Modelling. Interesting stuff. If you understand how to use the software.

11 Likes

I also have some of your seeds cuz, they’ll get grown this coming Spring! lol
I love your giveaways, always fun to see, and even take part in occasionally! Them plants do look to be bulkier than the others, glad you stuck in pic for comparison. Lovely as always!
Grow On!

6 Likes

Hi @BigMike55, I’m also an architectural CAD veteran back in the day and thx to @ReikoX’s tip I tried SketchUp and got the hang of it after an hour or so with some Youtube tutorials.

Free and it gets the job done.

6 Likes

Heck, when I started doing Engineering work we drew blueprints with triangles compasses and vellum. Dam! I’m old!

9 Likes

We should start a “I’m so old that…” thread

When I started we were using red and blue tape to lay out circuit boards…
:rofl: :vulcan_salute:

Cheers
G

10 Likes

“Touchscreen? You mean to clean it after you sneeze?”

3 Likes

I used to save programs on magnetic tape and could dial a number to get the time.

4 Likes

OOOooo and Farmers’ Almanac than Bullwinkle at like 5:30AM… fun times lol…

3 Likes

Coincidentally I was an autodesk intern back in 1997. :joy:

:evergreen_tree:

5 Likes

I was running AutoCad in 1992. We didn’t even have windows back then. AutoCad was running on MS-DOS 3.0. All the commands were typed in on the keyboard. The company I worked for used me to transition from board drafting to CAD.

7 Likes

Damn you were born before glass?! How the hell old are you?! :open_mouth:

8 Likes

Older than a By-God and by God, that’s old!

5 Likes

@BigMike55

:rofl:

:evergreen_tree:

6 Likes

First phones I used were on a party line, if anyone here knows what that is lol also the first computer I did schooling on was a MONROBOT XI, punchtape reel to reel & typewriter - both input and out

It was about the size of a couch!

9 Likes