ReikoX's Workshop 2021

Wow, turn your back for a second and @ReikoX is passing out the love, totally awesome man. Congrats to the winners.

11 Likes

Another awesome giveaway! Congrats to all the winners! And as always thanks to our host @ReikoX

8 Likes

Sweet thanx for heads up

3 Likes

I wonder if egg shells would dissolve in Ph Down?

2 Likes

Hope I’m not cluttering your thread but got rid of the net in the auto tent and pulled your SBR cross out for a photo. For being in 3l pot she’s awesome.

2 more weeks im thinking.

17 Likes

It all depends on what your pH down is made of…
Egg shells + acetic acid (vinegar) = calcium acetate.
Egg shells + citric acid = calcium citrate
Egg shells + phosphoric acid = calcium phosphate
Egg shells + sulfuric acid = calcium sulfate

12 Likes

I’ll check. I had Calcium deficiency on my first grow late in veg. I used Cal Magic to correct that but I have chicken eggs and never thought to dissolve them into the mix. I’m rather frugal. :slight_smile:

5 Likes
7 Likes

Thanks @Esrgood4u
I’ll read that right now. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I would stick with the vinegar. Either apple cider or brown rice, avoid the white it has had a lot of the extras distilled from it.

11 Likes

6 Likes

11 Likes

Egg shells + omlet ingredients + undercooked = the kids made dinner for you tonight

(:laughing:)

6 Likes

We’ve been there @Pigeonman ! :rofl:
And you know I sat there and ate my breakfast with a smile on my face. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

i used to wiz them in the blender to maximize the shell surface area for quicker breakdown…

• kind of reminds me how depot/lowes/Menards,
    where ‘pelletized’ gypsum 40 lbs bag = $ 6.00
    and ‘micro-gypsum’/ fast-acting gypsum 2.5 Lb for $15.00
4 Likes

Which for me brought to mind which is the most water soluble (available) form? A google search gave me this pdf

What Is WCA?
Water-soluble calcium is a source of available calcium
that can be made from commonly used household items,
eggshells and vinegar. When applied as a foliar spray,
WCA provides available calcium to plants for normal
cell processes, root growth, and fruiting (Hasenstein and
Evans 1988, Marschner 1995, Hodges 2010).

5 Likes

An oldie but a goodie . Bastid is sampling Buck65 at the end . 2 of Nova Scotia’s finest

3 Likes

Got a little more progress done on the Blumat setup. I got the bulkhead connector on the reservoir, then a shutoff valve right after it. Next I have a tee connector with one end going back into the reservoir and the other through the wall under the shelf. The purpose of the tee connector is two-fold. First it will allow air to escape from the lines and prevent vapor lock of the smaller 3mm lines. Second, I will replace this with a translucent line doubling as a fill indicator for the reservoir. I used some of the solid PVC 8mm line through the wall, then connected either end to the more flexible silicone 8mm line. I decided to add a strap to the shelf in case of a tipping hazard. I also got all my lines measured and cut for the distribution drippers. I just need to test my connections for leaks and soak the Blumats.

My GFOG clones are starting to grow into the lights, so I moved them down to the lowest shelf. I think I will pick the best clone from each plant and transplant them into larger containers as a bonsai mother. The remaining clones will be distributed between my dad and my brother, both are about a month from ready for them.

The GWK x JLo (GLo?) plants in the solo cup are pretty much done at 68 days. I will likely chop them in the next couple of days.

The JLo F3 and GLo seeds are off to a slow start. I expect they will snap out of it this week. They have been on the wet side for about two weeks now.

41 Likes

amazing this piece! Crazy

1 Like

You do really beautiful work @ReikoX!

Everything in my shabby little grow room is functional but cludgey.

Looking at the designs & workmanship you and @MrSparkle do, I’m inspired to up my game. To rip off a movie quote, “You make me want to be a better Grower.”

By the bye, thank you very much for the JLo F3 pack. I’m going to use them to advance my understanding of feminizing males with CS.

8 Likes