ReikoX's Workshop 2021

Thank you so much! That device looks so rad but it’s pretty pricey for my pocketbook :laughing:

5 Likes

It is pricey, but definitely worth it IMO. Not only does it do PPFD, but it also does spectral analysis. It tells me how much red, green, blue, etc in my lights.

Thats all on top of the temp, humidity, and CO2 monitor. I can set thresholds for all of those values for day or night. If one of the parameters goes out of spec, it will send me an email and notification. For example, last week my CO2 tank ran out. The Pulse emailed me telling me my CO2 was low. As a result, I was able to hook up my spare tank and not miss a beat. It will do the same thing if its too hot or humid, too cold or dry, the lights are on/off when they shouldn’t be.

They sell a cheaper version that monitors temp and humidity (also displays VPD which is handy) for around $200. I got the $200 unit free when I pre-ordered the $500 pro unit.

24 Likes

After reading all that I’d only get the “Pulse One” if it cost me $50 or less! Got a kijiji alert set now for Pulse Pro. Thanks for the “pro” tip @ReikoX !

4 Likes

I love my grow toys. :grin:

17 Likes

I’m loving your grows!

6 Likes

There is so much information here to take.

5 Likes

And it’s all hidden in sea of “dibs” :rofl:

18 Likes

Only way to quickly reference something is to bookmark everything. I have this thread heavily bookmarked minus all the dibs

3 Likes

I just recently figured out the bookmark thing and it’s pretty handy to have with all the gems that pop up on here. I haven’t referred back to any yet but I don’t doubt I’ll be glad I saved them at some point.

4 Likes

I just used your comment to learn about this bookmark feature. Neat!

Edit: @ReikoX I got the Skywalker Kush x JLO today in the mailbox! Thank you again so very much!

8 Likes

That’s why I’m so darned admired!

3 Likes

Hey bud. Loving the set up. I enjoy sitting back but we need some content however. Lol. Na seriously, your so clinical. It’s the only bar to set. Hopefully I get my soul back straightened out. I think dropping my bone and blood left some N lacking.

How are the no til beds as par as pH? I guess I’m asking do you just pH your water/food? Like the soil being a buffer itself with what it’s composed of? I’m confusing. Shit. Love the lights as well dude. They were a great choice and I’m sure will out out a few more rosin hits for ya. Can’t forget your seeds. Other than that you throw it all back in making a Marinade from itself. Mmm. :drooling_face:. Haha!:hugs::v:

Have a good one and be safe out there.:grin::+1:

8 Likes

Yes and no… I stopped using potassium silicate because it was driving my pH way up over 8. Now I just use the RO water and my feed is between 6 and 7. :grin:

12 Likes

Sounds good dude. You breed some if the fastest acting autos as well. I always compare other work to yours.

I was thinking about you. Lol. Not like that, the Bum Wine I’m growing smells just like Skywalker right now. Very cool dude. Your shop turned out very nice. Keep up the good work. Always a pleasure.:pray:

6 Likes

My last PPFD readings were a little wonky, so I decided to take some wattage readings at the wall. The values were not at all what I was expecting. I double checked that the dimmer wasn’t an issue by disconnecting it, still the same readings… Perhaps it is voltage drop from running the drivers remote? I may test this more later by swapping drivers and lught fixtures, otherwise I’ll just live with it for now.

Right 2700K 202/240W
Right 5000K 104/120W
Middle 2700K 141/240W
Middle 5000K 95/120W
Left 2700K 141/240W
Left 5000K 102/120W
Supplemental 126/120W

After that, I decided to take some more accurate PPFD readings. I set up a tripod at 24" from my lights and took readings every 8". The 24" mark is also the top of the second trellise.

If you look at the resulting map, you can notice a few trends. First, the left side of the map is losing a bunch of lights to the oscillating fan and the 4" ledge. That whole left column isn’t even usable. That puts the middle bed right in the middle of the high PPFD region. Based on this map, I think a rotation schedule is in order.

While the plants were out of the flower room, I went ahead and gave them a foliar feed of WSC, SulPoMag, and TM-7. The middle plant is showing some possible signs of calcium deficiency.

Finally, did a deep clean of the flower room, swept the floors, dusted the lights and fans, and moped the floor. I also did a deep clean of the veg room and replaced all my dirty trays with clean ones. I still need to finish the lung room and clean trays and pots tonight.

35 Likes

Fans are important to clean those little buggers can get jammed up. they need a good cleaning ,
I usually just use compressed air works well

8 Likes

Hi, I believe you could give me a hand on that… Could I use a Photography Light mete to then, convert Lumens (Lux) to PPFD? Don’t have the Apogee measuring gadget but, if a Photography one could do, why not!? Thanks! By the way, Skywalker’s standing tall, soon I’ll find out about sex!! Congrats for the gear!! :pray: :clap: :clap: :clap:

3 Likes

By the way, “DIBS!”

False dibs, won last week! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :heart: :orange_heart: :bomb: :pray: :fire: :fire: :fire: :laughing: :grin: :rofl: :flushed: :upside_down_face: :crazy_face:

@ReikoX man great thankyous sir. They arrived today beautifuly in my care and into cold storage. I very much appreciate the time and effort you older generation of OGers go through to keep the craft alive. Shocked really to find a group so large, and still so true to the cause.

20 Likes

Don’t put them into cold storage. Plant ‘em!

5 Likes